34aa-a Wanting Full Breast. A Full C Cup is Desired. What Will It Take to Get There? (photo)

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast implants and cup size

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

200 cc implant to achieve C

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To go from an A to a C would require 200 cc implants.  I recommend a technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, the implant is placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal volume implant.  Silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are stable long term, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

It is not possible to give you specific advice without direct examination.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link help.

Implant recommendations

+1

You appear to be an A cup size so roughly a 300 cc implant would take you to that cup size.  A high profile implant would fit your narrow chest wall width better.  Finally, it is important to assess your skin stretch to ensure you do not suffer from a constricted lower pole.  If the lower pole skin does not accommodate this size, a smaller size may be necessary to avoid a double bubble appearance. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Selecting an implant size to meet expectations

+1

Based on your anatomy your soft tissue may only accommodate an implant in the 300 to 350 cc range.  In general every 175 cc of implant volume will take you up one cup size.   

34aa-a Wanting Full Breast. A Full C Cup is Desired. What Will It Take to Get There?

+1

An in person evaluation in the setting of a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will provide a more useful answer than you can get on line.

There are no fixed definitions of cup size. I have numerous patients who can fit in bras of 3 different cup sizes. What size are they? 

I would suggest trying on implants, seeing what looks good. With that info, and breast measurements, a surgeon can make a useful recommendation.

Some surgeons on this site suggest that it takes 150-250 cc of implant for each cup size increase. If that is correct for you, think about 400 cc. Most surgeons will suggest silicone gel, in the dual plane position (under the muscle). All the best. 

Breast Augmentation

+1

There are many factors that must be considered when planning breast augmentation. Saline implants vs. silicone gel implants. Round implants vs. anatomic implants. Which implant profile- moderate, moderate plus, high, etc. Incision placement- under the breast, around the nipple, in the underarm area. Pocket placement- under the muscle, dual plane, on top of the muscle. Your breast/ chest anatomy is a factor. Consult with a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to find out which options will get you the best result.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

+1

It will take you seeing IN PERSON a few boarded PS in your city/area. Than decide which you feel most confident with. 

Breast Augmentation

+1

Looking at your photo I would suggest that the best implant for you would be a high profile gel implant. It will give you a natural look and feel.  Going from a A cup to C cup is the average change woman would desire after breast augmentation.  I would estimate that a 400cc implant would be a good choice to get you a desired "C" cup. 

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon