34A-32B, 100lb, 5'7", My Doctor Recommended 390cc. Too Big?

I want to be a 34 C Nothing larger I am 34A- 32B, 100 pounds 5'7 and I am getting breast augmentation on thursday. My doctor recommended 360 - 390 range. However I feel like 390 is too big. I am trying to get a Middle - Full C but not a D. Any recommendations?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant recommendations

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

Breast implants do not come in cup sizes but are measured by volume in cubic centimeters (cc). The exact same implant will result in different cup sizes in different patients depending on their physical characteristics, especially the dimensions of their chest wall and breasts. When selecting implants for breast augmentation, a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon can estimate a patients final cup size after augmentation based on height, weight and pre-op bra size, however assessment and measurement of these and other physical characteristics is also important. Even with all possible information available, the final cup size will still be an estimate and will vary with different articles of clothing. At 5’7” and 100lbs., if you are presently a 34A, then approximately 175cc should yield a one full cup size volume increase and 350cc a 2 cup size increase to a 34C. Your doctor’s recommendation of between 360 and 390cc is only slightly more than this. It may well be that you are starting with less volume or the dimensions of your breast and chest wall are larger than what I am roughly estimating. With small discrepancies like this, if you have chosen a properly certified and experienced surgeon, then you should put your trust in your doctor’s expert judgment. Instead of seeking answers through the internet, which will surely be less accurate and possibly misleading, your surgeon should be the best person to answer your questions and address your concerns.

Max Polo, MD

Picking the right implant size for you...

+1

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS