34 with Wrinkles Under Eyes when I Smile, What is the Best Treatment?

Skin under my eyes is very thin and deep wrinkles show when I smile. I'm thinking of getting the Palovia. I currently use retin a 0.1% gel every other night, vitamin C serum once a day and a mixture of rosehip and emu oil for moisturizing. I also wear a zinc oxide sunscreen of SPF 30 every day. What is the best treatment for this kind of problem?

34yrs old with wrinkles under eyes and the best treatment

+1

Your skincare regimen is great!  I would recommend doing Botox or Dysport in the areas of your concern.  It would be the most cost effective and faster results than anything on the market.  Botox/Dysport will also help prevent those lines from getting deeper in the future which would mean less money for future services and treatments.  Good Luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox For Smile Lines Around The Eyes

+1

If the lines you see are mostly present when you smile (as opposed to when your face is at rest), they are considered dynamic lines which means they are secondary to muscle movement.  Dynamic lines (smile lines) are best treated with Botox (injectable neurotoxin) as it relaxes the underlying muscle and therefore improves the overlying smile lines. If there are still lines present even after receiving Botox, sometimes we will then consider chemical peeling, laser resurfacing or filler depending on the individual, his or her skin type and the nature of the lines.  In the meantime, continue with your topical regimen and make sure to hydrate the area with a bland emollient as dryness contributes to fine lines. If you choose to get a consultation, I recommend you consult a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=12

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.