I Am 34 & I Suffer from Premature Aging & Some Sagging Jowls. A Top PS Recommended I Have a Mini-facelift, Good Idea?

I suffer from acne and he also explained this can cause premature aging. (And my neck needs help) I have tried EVERYTHING for the acne. Retin A, peels, everything! He recommends I go back on Accutane- which worked, but is a strong drug. I don't plan on having children anytime soon. Although many consider me to be very attractive, I find that most people think I am about 6-10 years older than I am. I often get, "Oh, you are only 34?" Not good. I think this procedure will help. What do you think?

Mini FaceLifts cost between $6000-8500 under local anesthesia.

+4

It sounds like a mini facelift would be helpful for you and can be done under local anesthesia for roughly $6000-8500.  You still may need some fillers or botox etc...  see a few docs and then decide.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini Facelift for Aging

+2

Usually a mini facelift is an excellent procedure for a young patient like yourself who experiences early aging. If you do use Accutane before your lift you should wait 9-12 months before having surgery.

Mini lift for a 34 year old

+2

It is hard for me to really say without seeing photos, but maybe asking whether a filler such as Sculptra could be used to reshape your face might be a good idea. You are quite young to have a surgical intervention of that type. Also, if you are truly aging that fast, I would anticipate that the results from surgery will also dissipate faster than normal.

Minifacelift, acne treatment

+2

First, I would recommend that you work closely with your dermatologist to get your acne completely under control prior to considering any surgery.  Accutane might be recommended and I believe is an exceptional option for you.  Most importantly, you should not consider any surgery for a minimum of 6 months after accutane.

Having controlled your acne, seek consultation with at least 2 to 3 board certified surgeons to consider your lift options.  Certainly you are very young and unlikely to need surgery.  My guess is that most 34 year old patients will benefit most from volume replacement, great skincare, sunblock, and hydration.  Botox or Dysport can be applied broadly for a fantastic smoothing result.

Thanks for the great question.  We would need photos to be more specific.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Premature aging

+2

Different problems, different solutions  !!!!

Persistent and severe acne indeed is treated well with Accutane. It has quite a few side effects and you have to be under the close care of a physician. For any (elective) surgery you should be off Accutane for at least a year.Healing problems can occur otherwise.

Short scar facelifts at your age maybe a good option as it improves the "aging signs" you do not like without being too aggressive. Face is treated better than the neck.  Some of the facial skin scarred by Acne maybe improved as well.

As mentioned by my colleagues avoid "chain facelift groups" , maybe ask more than one or two P.S. what is best for you. Only a P.S. examining you, evaluating your problems and listening to your expectations can outline a treatment plan which will make you happy.

Good luck !

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

+2

I have performed, our version, of a minimal incision Face Lift called "The Palmer Code Celebrity Lift" on patients in their 30's withe very nice results.  IMHO, these minimal incision Face Lifts must removed excess skin, shape the cheeks and face and Lift/trim and re-position the SMAS layer, not merely fold it or suspend it with sutures of threads.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Premature aging

+2

Hard to advise you without photos. If you do have premature aging and a lot of sagging then a minilift that is tailored to you may be the way to go. Beware of having surgery though if you are on accutane.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excess sagging skin and jowls in a young woman.

+2
The answer to your question lies in the amount of skin I your neck. A mini lift will not give good results for the neck unless there Is only a small amount of skin. I would need to see photos of your profile and head slightly down as well to give an honest answer.

Mini lift.

+2

I find that a mini lift for women in your age group is an excellent procedure. Be careful in picking a surgeon because some mini lifts are more thorough than others Definitely stay away from the facelift chain groups and seek a provate qualified surgeon you can relate yto

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Minifacelift at 34

+2

I'll answer this question by giving you a brief summary of a mini-facelift.  This is a very good and well tolerated procedure by most patient's who are not quite ready for a facelift or conversely, those that have already had a facelift and just need a minor touch up.  It is accomplished with a small incision under your chin as well as one that is directly in front of and behind the ear.  We would also use the terms short-scar facelift to describe the procedure.  It works very well for patient's with jowling that is minor and in those with good strong bone structure.  It also alleviates a centrally heavy neck under the chin or patient's with neck muscle banding that gives a drapery-like appearance to the neck.  Those that are very heavy in the neck and face should avoid this procedure entirely.  But if the above describes your issues then you should see great success with the procedure.  34 is a bit young for any facial lifting procedure but everyone is unique and different.  The other options you might want to consider would be a combination of conservative measures such as fat grafting, botox and fillers that may also address a great percentage of your issues and save surgery for a later date.  Either way, an in office consult with 2-3 physicians will help you find the right fit for the procedure you are looking for and the results you hope to acheive.  Hope that helps!

Web reference: http://www.valleyfacialplasticsurgery.com

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon