34 Ddd to a Full C Cup?

Hi Doctors I'm 4'11" 135lbs and a 34 ddd. Always suffered with shoulder neck and back pain, been to a PT, Ortho and lost weight 30lbs (as advised by previous PS). I'm still suffering from pain and have decided to proceed with BR with insurance. How many CC's would I need removed in order to be a full C cup? I have Aetna and im curious to see what is deemed a small reduction/ a needed reduction?

Breast Size after Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; hopefully you will be very pleased with results of surgery.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “busty” or “DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. ‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Gram weight resection

+1
Normally, to get from a DDD to a C in a woman of average height would take over 650 grams Some insurers will use a slightly different standard, recalculated proportionally, for very petite women. Much depends on the density of the breast tissue and how much skin is resected in the procedure.

Breast reduction from DDD to large C means removing about 350 grams from each breast.

+1

Hi.

This is an estimate based on formulas and the numbers you provide.  This is probably not enough for insurance coverage.  If you look on my dashboard,  you will find an article about this topic which may be helpful.