Will 339cc Saline Implants Be Too Big for a 32A to Obtain a Natural Look?

I am hoping for a moderate/full B cup. I am 5'2,125lbs.I chose mentor smooth round saline implants.I am slender, but have hips so my doctor wanted me to go 371MP with a wider diameter. I chose instead 339MP.I am worried this will look unntaural and too big. I looked at 304ccs MP but my doc disliked.

Will 339cc Saline Implants Be Too Big for a 32A to Obtain a Natural Look? Currently you are natural

+2

You currently have the natural look and that is what your are tyring to correct. The sizes you are discussing will generally take the average patient that is your size up to a C cup. If you are seeking enlargement to a B cup you should be looking at 200-250cc

Implant choices

+2

The choice of implant is sometimes difficult. In many ways it should be basd upon your anatomy but then there is the desire factor of the patient.  I do agree to go with wider implants if you are "hippy."

Choosing breast implants

+2

Hi there-

As Dr. Beraka states, this type of question is so common- many of us have written articles about this...

He is absolutely right- choosing the implant should be based on your anatomy and goals for appearance, and is most appropriately done by your surgeon. It should not be thought of as the type of choice you make when looking at a menu at a restaurant.

For a better understanding, please read this:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

339cc saline implants be too big for a 32A

+2

Good choice, but remember "I wish I would have gone bigger!" is a concern. Discuss in more detail with the planned operating surgeon.

From MIAMI DR. B

Implant Choice and Size

+2

This is always a very difficult question to answer without seeing you in person.  Everyone is different, and it all depends on your breast width, chest width, height, weight, frame, etc.  With all those in consideration, then that leads to an implant selection.  That then needs to get balanced with the patient's own thoughts and goals.  If your surgeon suggested a certain size, and did that after looking at all the varaiables, then I would go with their recommendation.  I can tell you, though, that anything in the 300cc range will make most women a C, even when starting out with almost nothing.  However, do not worry - cup size is a really subjective measurement, and one C cup may be another bra makers B cup.  The goal is to achieve a great outcome, and whether your bra tells you that you are an A afterwards or a DD afterwards doesn't matter as long as you are happy.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

How to pick breast implants in New York City.

+2

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)