What Do 339cc and 350cc Silicone Implants Equal to in Breast Cup Size?

I am 5'10 and 115pounds. Currently a small B and want a small to mid C. What cup size would equal a 339cc? What cup size would equal a 350cc?

What do 339cc and 350cc silicone implants equal Toni breast cup size?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

The difference between these two implants in terms of size is minimal, which should not be noticeable in clothing.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Cup sizing

+1

There is no direct correlation from cc to cup size as there are multiple variables involved like variation in cup from bra  manufacturer and amount of native breast tissue in the individual patient.  One option is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon with a 3D camera so you can see which implant looks the best in your individual body .

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I would suggest that you concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with your breast augmentation surgery.

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. As you know, you may end up wearing different bra cup sizes depending on who makes the bra.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.

Implants and cup size

+1

The problem with asking for a specific cup size is that no bra manufacturer follows the same rules.  It is best to focus on implant volume, then find a bra that fits.

Cup size post breast augmentation

+1

Hello. Thank you for your question. However, this is a very common one that is difficult to answer. There is no method or way of telling you exactly what cc's will get you your desired cup results. It is best to see some before and after pictures that are similiar to you in body type and pre op size. This will give you a general idea of what your results may be. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

How many cc's equals a cup size

+1

As a general rule of thumb, for every 200cc of implant volume equals one cup size.  So a 350cc implant, in an average size person, would increase your cup size by 1 1/2 cup sizes.  This is just an estimate and really vary's from individual to individual.  The best way to get an idea of what it will look like is try on sizers or 3D imaging.  

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizes Do Not Equal Cup Sizes

+1

There is no method to accurately equate implant sizes to cup sizes.  First of all, there are no standard cup sizes (lots of variation among manufacurers).  Your best bet always is to "try on" different implants to see the change in volume that you can expect to see with different sizes.

John Whitt, MD

Implant volume and cup size

+1

A very important discussion I have with patients before surgery is that it is impossible to guarantee cup or bra size after a breast augmentation.  I do want the patient to like the way she looks after surgery. 

Every patient who contemplates this operation needs to realize that there is a specific range of breast implant sizes that are right for each patient.  Those breast implants will produce a certain volume change and finally a certain bra and cup size. It doesn't start with the cup size and work backward to the size implant.  It starts with your body and your before surgery breast size and shape.  You meet with your plastic surgeon and tell him what you would like to achieve with surgery and he will tell you what range of implant sizes will work for you. Any one of those implants will make your breast bigger.  None of them may be able to make you the size you want because that size implant may be too big for your body.

The other issue is that bra manufacturers do not have a standard cup size to which they all adhere. As most women know a bra made by one company may not be quite the same as a bra made by another company. Also cup sizes can be a bit confusing to all involved: size C, small C, mid C, full C or  very full C.  Yet there is only one size C bra in any size not several.  This is another area that takes time and perhaps pictures to help explain to your plastic surgeon: what you are trying to accomplish with surgery. You must remember, however, the size implant you need to accomplish your goal may be too big for your body.  You then have a simple decision: have the surgery with the appropriate size implant and "settle" for a somewhat smaller size or do not have the surgery and settle for the size you are without the surgery.  Some may be better than too much.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Volume of implants and breast size

+1

Thanks for your question -

It is a common one!

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to answer.  A 350cc implant could create a B cup or a DDD.  Much of what you will end up with depends on how much you're starting with, the shape of your chest wall, how much ptosis (breast sag) you have and your skin elasticity.

The shape of the implant also plays a role.

In addition, bra sizes range all over the map between different manufacturers.

Talk to your plastic surgeon and discuss your size (and shape!) goals.  Bring in pictures of breasts you like and dislike.  This can be the best way to determine the perfect size.

Steven H. Williams, MD