Is a 330 Cc or 360 Cc Implant Right for Me?

My PS recommended either a 330 or 360cc implant for me. I'm 5'4, 106lbs, petite, thin frame. I'm a small 32/34b cup. I would like a full c. I dread looking too big for my body. I seem inclined to do 330 because i'm afraid of looking too big. I tried on both implants and kinda felt that the 360 seemed like too much, but my PS says that the implant will get pressed down once its under the muscle. If I do 360, does it lose some of its size once inside? I would hate to have regrets.

Implant Selection Process

+1

Yes, you will lose some of the projection of the 360 by going under your muscle.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Size

+1

There is a very small difference between the two sizes you are talking about. The difference is 3 mm. The smaller of the two is the more natural look if properly sized.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1

In my office I like to use 3D images of each patient to superimpose implants of different sizes to make certain they are comfortable with the size.Also if you place the implant sizes in a bra on yourself, you will get a really good idea about how it will look. Once the implant is actually in, it will look only slightly smaller than it did when placed in a bra. One way the computer imaging helps is that you would see that there is barely a difference between 330 and 360 for example. If you like the way the 330 looks in a bra, get the 360.

Michael Horn, MD

Selecting the best implant size for you...

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

330 cc or 360 cc??

+1

Both these implants are similar enough in size that it would be hard to see much difference. 

I have patients try on implants as part of the planning process. The implants look a bit bigger on top of the breast than the same size implanted. My general rule is to use an implant about 10% larger that the size that looks good in trials. 

So if the 330 looked OK, I would expect a 360 to have that look, approximately. 

I would also say that the patients who are a bit smaller than they would have liked are by-in-large pleased. Those who are larger that they would have liked are asking for surgery for smaller implants.

Thanks for your question. Consider another visit to and discussion with your surgeon before making a final decision. Best wishes. 

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Choosing implant size

+1

Both implants will be noticeable augmentations and probably satisfy your goal to go up a bra cup size. If you are concerned about being too big, then choose the smaller size. There is no shame in choosing the smaller implant, and smaller implants tend to look more natural. Ask your surgeon if there is a technical reason why you need a larger implant.

Your plastic surgeon gave you a range, so he/she probably thinks you will be happy with either, so you can't go wrong. Enjoy.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon