Is 350cc Moderate 480cc a Good Size For Me?

33 Yrs About 145lb 34b. I will be getting breast implants in about two weeks. The surgeon had recommended a full C 350cc moderate 400cc.When you say a full C does that cover 34,36,and 38.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Dont worry about cup sizes, if your surgeon has picked the implant that fits withing your tissue measurements as well as your desires you should have a great outcome
GOOD LUCK

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast Implant Size

+1

There is not a one size fits all equation for patients choosing breast implants.  There are many variables such as breast width, tissue thickness, etc.  This can only be determined at your surgeons office.  If you are seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon then you should be in good hands.  Generally there is a small range of sizes for you to choose from that would be appropriate for your body.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast implant size

+1

Your board certified plastic surgeon must help you make this decision.  You can't figure it out mathematically because threre are too many variables.  His experience will take into account your tissues and the implant dimensions and how one will play off the other.  I have people come into my office asking for my receptionists size all day and then they hear that she has 350 and they want a different size.  It is a very individualized process.

Best Wishes,

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

How to pick breast implants.

+1

Hi.

1)  This is probably the most common question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

Totally agree with Dr Sherman. Best if you would have posted a frontal photo so we could advise to our selection in size for you. My guess is 400 cc. 

Implant size

+1

It is important for the patient to have an input in the implant selection process.  Once you have determined what you are are intereseted in acheiving, your surgeon can advise you on the best way/implant size to achieve it.  The implants are dimensioned by volume, width and projection, so any given implant may be used on a large number of women who have different heights, weights, and breast shapes to yield very good results. Based on your  weight and bra size( are you wearing a heavily padded B cup or a B cup with no padding?), using the implant volume you mention can result in anything from a  small C  to a D cup. 

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

Morgan: the whole concept of choosing an implant for your augmentation has changed over the past decade. No longer does the relative amount of fill (350 vs 300 cc) mean as much as other dimensions. There is base width to consider, desired projection, and the vertical height of the implant if the implant is not round. As noted below, the cup size of the bra is not much use, since the same size breast has different cup sizes in different manufacturers. The most important thing is to communicate with your surgeon as to the goal and the result that you desire.

John E. Sherman, MD

Breast Implant and Bra Cup Size

+1

Plastic surgeons and breast implant manufacturers do not measure breast implants in cup sizes.  Each bra manufacturer measures cup size differently; a B-cup from one company may be a C-cup in another company.  However, as a general rule, an approximately 150-200cc breast implant will roughly correspond to a cup-size increase in breast volume depending on patient height, weight, chest width, etc... 

Furthermore, the cup-size of a bra measures the breast volume, whereas the number 34, 36, or 38 measures chest circumference and should not be affected by breast augmentation.  

Thus, to answer your question, "a full C" does cover a 34, 36, and 38, but a 350cc or 400cc implant does not exactly equate to a "full C" cup size.  

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Breast Augmentation Specialist in Tampa, Florida

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD