I am 33 years old mother of one and I used to compete in fitness and I want to have breast augmentation done? (photo)

I am 5'8 and 180pnds and im now a 36 A cup and i want to have 475cc but was recommended to have 615cc what size would be perfect

(Updated to add photo)

BBA

+1
The only way to recommend a size would be to examine you in person.  This size seems rather large.  Make sure you are seeing a BC PS.

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be some of keys to successful breast augmentation surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “proportionate” or “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link (devoted to "patients in competition”), helps.

Breast implant size

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

"Perfect" size implant

+1

This is a great question, and there are a few very important points that come to mind. While there is no such thing as the perfect implant size, there is a size and shape that would be best for you based on your body and your goals. First, the perfect implant size for you is not simply a function of your height, weight, and bra size. It would be great if it was that easy! Those are only 3 of the many factors that go into choosing an implant size and implant profile. Some of the other things a plastic surgeon considers are the width of your breast and chest wall, the shape of your chest and breast-bone, your current cleavage or distance between the breasts, how much fuller you want to be, the position of the nipples, what types of asymmetry you have and the degree of asymmetry, whether or not you need a lift, the quality of your skin, the amount of breast tissue you have, the ultimate shape you are after, etc. I am curious how you decided upon 475 cc as your preferred implant size, and the reasons your surgeon recommended 615 cc instead. Was the higher volume recommendation due to your breast width, due to loose skin, based on the size you want to be afterwards, or some other factor? You can probably tell by now that the question is impossible to answer with no information other than your height, weight, and bra size. Also, with any given volume, there are a variety of "profiles" of implant. For instance, even you and your surgeon agreed on 475 cc implants, your surgeon still has to choose between 475 cc moderate, 475 cc moderate-plus, or 475 cc high profile implants. (Actually there are more options, but you get the idea). The higher the profile, the more the implant sticks out from the chest wall. Even though they all contain 475 cc of volume, that volume is contained or shaped differently. The best way to make sure you are on the same page as your surgeon is to take in photos of what you would like to look like in terms of fullness and shape. Unfortunately telling your surgeon you want to be a D cup isn't as useful because people have wildly different ideas of what a D cup looks like. Also the cup size varies depending on the brand of lingerie that you wear. There really is an art to making breasts look beautiful with breast augmentation, and a lot goes into choosing the correct size for each patient. Make sure you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for this type of procedure.

Anita Patel, MD

33 year old fitness mother wanting BA

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

There is absolutely no way to give you advice on what size would be right for you without seeing you. That being said, a 615cc implant sounds huge for someone who is starting with an A cup, if the goal is to look at all natural. If you do not agree with your PS I recommend you seek a second opinion. Confidence in your plastic surgeon is crucial when it comes to going forward with a surgical procedure.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Hard time deciding on implant size.

+1

I find that using the Vectra 3D camera and inserting different size implants have helped my patients tremendously with making their decision regarding final implant size. Best wishes

Louise Ferland, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon