I am 33 years old 5'9 and 210 lbs. How much weight should I lose to have my tummy tuck?

I have 3 degenerative discs. My ideal weight is 170. I am beyond depressed and extremely frustrated. I walk everyday and wish I could workout more. I used to be a Zumba instructor till my back made it so I couldn't teach anymore! Hoping a tummy tuck will help. I have saved for this tummy tuck and lipo for 7 years. I have never been heavier in my life and really need to lose the weight but it's hard to take it off when I can't workout!

You could have it

+2

I do 4 to 5 heavy girls tummy s tucks per week... you need to know plastic surgery is not for loosing weight. Best results are a combination of your surgery, diet and exercises.

On my opinion you could have your tummy and back liposuction if your blood work, cardiologist evaluation and you are on goog physical condition.

Try to reach her ideal weight before having a Tummy Tuck

+2

Thank you for your question. Although weight loss is difficult for all of us, it is very important that you be close to your ideal weight before having a Tummy Tuck.

Losing the extra weight will cause loose skin on your tummy which will make Tummy Tuck easier for your surgeon and help you achieve the best result possible. Good luck

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Preop weight

+1

You will get the best results from tummy tuck surgery by being as close as possible to your ideal body weight.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Personal trainers are helpful when trying to lose weight

+1

I am sure that the back issues are frustrating. I would suggest trying to find a very qualified personal trainer. I have seen many people with similar type of issues be able to still exercise effectively with the help of great personal trainers. A good trainer will be able to protect the back and still allow you to utilize other muscle groups while you are trying to lose the weight. Tummy tuck surgery has its best results when patients are close to their ideal weight and will not likely be your best first option.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon