I am 33, I want to have a BBL this year and get pregnant next year, will it ruin my surgery? Should I have a baby first?

I am 5'1 and 118 lbs. my sister who is built similarly didn't keep baby weight for long but she really looks different from behind. Will having a baby completely negate the surgery? Thank you

Bazillian Butt Lift -Before or After Pregnancy?

+1
Pregnancies can wreak havoc on the body and change the surgery outcome by the addition of fat and hormones.It is almost always wise to get through your pregnancy first!

We perfrom Brazillian Lifts as well as Butt Implants !

Dr Jeneby

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

BBL and impact of pregnancy

+1
Without question, complete your pregnancy and baby plans first!  The hormonal changes in your body can be unpredictable and combined with aging changes we all experience, you want to control or have behind you as many of them as possible before surgery.  Best Wishes!!! 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Pregnancy

+1

I would suggest to have the baby first and then dedicate your body some time.

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine what procedures would be best for your case. This preferably after six months of delivery.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Babies and BBL

+1
Babies do affect a woman's body by stretching skin and muscle and changing proportions. Most women need a tummy tuck after child bearing to return their bodies to pre-pregnancy tone.  BBL uses fat from unwanted areas through liposuction, and places it in desired areas to enhance proportions. This is living tissue and will grow with you if you gain or lose weight.  I prefer to do BBL before tummy tucks to get the most available fat for grafting and reserve TT for when child bearing is through.  The timing of the BBL can be done before or after pregnancy without any adverse effects.

Pregnancy After BBL

+1
If you are planning on having children within the next year, it may be best to wait until afterwards to have your Brazilian Butt Lift surgery. Your results may not necessarily be "ruined" but your pregnancy will absolutely change your body and may affect the shape/size and overall results of the surgery. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

+1
Pregnancy can definitely change your overall shape and skin laxity. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Pregnancy or bbl

+1
I think that is a personal choice to undergo surgery. That is a question you should decide for yourself. If you are planning in the next few months to get pregnant, then certainly put  off the surgery

+1
Thank your for your question.

Every pregnancy are different, in most patient is had actually help them to get back to the pre-pregnancy weight faster,search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Mel T. Ortega, MD