Is 32HH to 32DD A Good Change For My Frame?

i'm 20 and currently a 32HH, i've been on the waiting list for an NHS breast reduction since i was 16. I thought i was getting my reduction december 2012, but i received a phonecall yesterday to tell me i'm to have my op on the 22nd of this month (2 weeks away) i'm really frightened about it as it just got thrown at me out of the blue. do you think a 32DD would be too small of a size to go to? i'm a size 12 all over and i still want my body to be in proportion. so scared- help :(

Sixzing with breast reduction

+1

It is impossible to tell you what woudl be best for you without an exam.. But, it is perfectly normal to be nervous.

Breast reduction sizing

+1
It is completely appropriate to be nervous before surgery, particularly when you've just discovered that it is right around the corner. I'd recommend going even a bit smaller, to a D cup, as anything larger will still produce neck, shoulder and back pain. Best of luck to you in Liverpool!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Reduction and Resulting Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery;  it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

It is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination. 

I would suggest that you communicate  your  breast size goals with your plastic carefully.   Emphasize to him/her your goal of remaining “proportionate”.

I have found that the use of “goal pictures” are more helpful than talking  about cup sizes.  As you know, cup sizes will vary depending on who makes the bra.  Therefore,  talking cup sizes may be confusing and/or a source of disappointment.  In other words, I would suggest that you do not base your goals and/or satisfaction with the results of surgery on a specific cup size.