Will I Be a 32DD?

I have 350cc teardrop saline implants now and I'm a 32D; I'm exchanging the saline for 550cc high profile silicone, will I be 32DD?

200 cc for one cup size

+1

In most women, 200 to 250 cc will increase one cup size.  However, the variability in cup size among bra manufacturers varies widely and the higher the cup size the more the variability.

Going to upsize breast implants with high profile silicone implants

+1

A 200cc increase in breast implant size could potentially increase the breast size by 1 cup size, but it may also be a little more or a little less.  Impossible to say for sure, because brassiere manufacturers are so inconsistent.

Dennis Dass, MD

Breast Size after Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Although your curiosity is certainly understandable, trying to guess what cup size you will end up is not an  exact science. As you know, bra cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.  

In regards to the best breast implant size/profile  necessary to achieve your goals it will be very important to communicate very clearly with your plastic surgeon.   keep in mind that descriptive terms such as “natural” or “DD” may mean different things at different people.  Again,  discussing your goals based on achieving a specific cup size may be unhelpful  as cup sizes will differ depending on who makes the bra.

In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  These  pictures help with the communication  process;  sometimes for example I am surprised when patients show me pictures of what they consider to be “natural looking breasts".

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   I suggest that you allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Larger Implants

+1

I not sure what your cup size will be.  It is very difficult to use cup size as a goal for breast enhancement.  Concerning your implants, they seem a bit big.  Over time this may prove to be problematic with skin stretching.  Just a thought.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

You will be bigger, hopefully better!

+1

Allisong: Your operative plan involves changing three variables: shape (anatomical to round, high profile), volume (350 to 550cc) and filler (saline to silicone).  With this plan, your breasts will be rounder, larger, softer and more mobile. Remember that "cup" size varies tremendously between implant manufacturers, so try not to obsess about it. Other variables which will influence the attainment of your eventual cup size will be the location of your implants.  Obviously "subglandular" (overs) will project more than "subpectoral" (unders). Lastly as your native breast tissue changes with pregnancy, weight gain/loss and menopause, your breasts may appear to "grow".  good luck. 

Lavinia Chong, MD

Will I Be a 32DD?

+1

All anyone can say for sure is you will be larger. There are no standardized definitions of cup size, and many of us are reluctant to talk to patients in terms of cup size for that reason. 

It is often quoted on these pages that patients can expect a cup size increase for very 150-250 cc of implant. That is about as well as I can answer. Thanks and best wishes.