32AAA to 270cc Moderate Silicone Would Be What Cup Size?

Hello! i am 5'5, 115lbs, 32AAA. I am very petite and want a natural look.. around a medium sized B cup maybe a little bigger but definitely not a small C cup. My PS told me he would suggest a 240cc - 270cc moderate silicone BA with a periareolar incision under the muscle. What would give me the nice full B cup i am looking for? thanks so much!

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Obviously I would need to see you and examine you but I like 250cc range implants for someone like you and that has typically given a long term natural result

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size and cup size

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Moderate C cup, 5'5, 115lbs

+1

I think you will achieve the results you wish. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.  In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Implant size to cup ratio

+1

At size 32 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To go from a 32 AAA to a C would require approximately 200 cc's.  The 240 to 270 cc implants might be slightly larger than you desire.  I recommend a periareolar approach and silicone gel implants placed under the muscle since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Pick an implant size

+1

I do not promise a patient a cup size because this is a ticket to disappointment.  It is best to look for a shape or contour that you like.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This allows the patient to visualize their result prior to surgery.  In one year of use and over 100 breast augmentations I have had no patient complain of an implant size problem.

Breast implant size

+1

I would recommend taking samples of the implants and placing them into your bra to give you an idea of how you'll look.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Implant size

+1

It depends on what your idea of a B cup is, but from your description, it sounds like a good size for your situation.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

I agree that cup size is not as easy to predict postoperatively as it may seem.  Your body type, bra style preference, etc all play a factor.  I also agree that sizer implants in a stretch type sports bra gives the best "visual" for my patients.  It is not an exact science but in over 20 years it has gotten my patients very close to their expectations with consistently satisfied results for postoperative size.  I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

It is difficult to advise you without photos, measurements and an examination.  Your Plastic Surgeon is in the best position to help you determine the best size.  Trying on implants will help you decide.  If available Vectra 3-D imaging is a nice tool.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon