32AA Going for 350cc or 375cc For Fuller Breasts? 5', 108lbs, AA cup.

I am getting my breast implants in 2 weeks and i cannot decide either get 350cc or 375cc. I've been told that getting it done under the muscle 375cc will look a bit smaller than it really is and if i like how 350cc looks, i should get 375cc. I am short with bigger bottom (37inches) i can't decide what to get. I don't want to look so round, short and fat after the surgery. Currently I am a 32AA Type - Silicone Placement - Under the muscle Incision - Under breasts Height - 5' Weight - 108

Let your plastic surgeon decide with breast implant sizers during the operation.

+2

Hi.

1) Make sure your surgeon knows exactly what you want to look like.  Show her or him pictures.

2)  Then he can place sterile sizers in your breasts during surgery and see which comes closest.  25 cc's is not a big difference.

Sizing

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

Dear Angie,

There is little difference in the sizes you mentioned. As a matter of fact most people will not be able to discern the difference in those implants within your body. Having said that and without an examination, I would recommend going with the bigger size not to have size remorse in the future. You should discuss this with your surgeon in detail before surgery. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Implant size

+1
There is a minimal degree of difference between the two implants you've noted, basically a teaspoon worth, and I do not think that there will be a perceptible difference in the outcome. I think you should work thorugh exactly what your surgical goals are with your plastic surgeon. This is the reason why many breast augmentation patients require 2-3 consultations en route to the OR.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Having chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with him/her. This  communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

2. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  You may want to keep in mind, that the most common regret after this operation is “I wish I was bigger”.