325cc High Profile Silicone Good for Me?

I know you can give me an exact answer because you would need to examine me yourself in order to do so. I'm just wanting some opinions. I go in for surgery on Aug 6 and I'm stressing over size which I guess is normal. I am 5"1" 107 lbs, my surgeon says he normally doesnt like to use high profile implants but it would be best for me because I have a narrow chest (I don't know exact measurements). I would like to achieve a full C cup. Is 325cc high profile the right fit for me?

Breast Surgery

+1
Really hard to answer questions without photos and a physical exam, I wouldnt want you to have bad information!

Best implant size

+1

Rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependant), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present. Based on the limited information you have given your results are achievable. In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing sytem in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon. Good luck on your surgery!

There Is No Standardization In The implant Community As Far As Cup Sizes Are Concerned

+1
Unfortunately. a full C at Macy's is a D at Victoria Secrets.  A 32C is a 34B is a 36A.  If that isn't confusing enough, there are bra manufacturers who make it even more difficult to compare apples with apples. 
However, I am an old fashioned type of plastic surgeon, and I think a 325 high profile which is usually a big C/small D on a woman of your height and weight would be absolutely perfect.  Unfortunately, all the usual admonitions apply.  Without an in person consultation and physical exam, it would be hard to make the comments I made above.  On the other hand, 325 sounds pretty good to me.
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right implant size

+1

As you stated, I need to examine you in person to give you the recommendation.  I recommend implant size based on 1) your anatomy (chest width, chest height, breast thickness), 2) your desired size and goal.  Usually, after measuring my patients, I try on implant sizes pre-operatively with them.  Just based on your height/weight/desired goal of full C, I think 325cc HP implant would be good.  Good luck to you.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

+1

You are correct, It is impossible to know without pictures and data. From what you describe it seems that you have a narrow breast diameter. Implants are chosen first based on the width of your breast. If you use an implant that is too wide then the implant will spill over into the armpit area. Once you select a size then you have to pick the profile that matches the size and width of the breast. Implants come in low profile (Wide Width), middle profile ( Slightly more narrow than low profile), and high profile ( more narrow than middle profile). As you move from low profile to high profile the implant will stick our, called projection, more and more. So if you have a breast that is more narrow and you want to be on the bigger side then it is possible you would need a high profile implant because a lower profile would be too wide for your breast for the same volume of implant. Does that make sense? Hope this helps.

High profile implant for a narrow chest

+1

I would agree with your surgeon that high profile implants do give a good result on a more narrow chest.  However, I always have patients try on implants at their initial consult and then a second time at a pre operative visit.  This assures that you are comfortable with your choice of size and do not second guess your decision.  I would return to your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Web reference: https://www.vabreastsurgery.com

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

High profile breast implants can be good for narrow breast

+1

Thank you for your question.  I am always concerned when someone is scheduled for surgery and still has unresolved concerns about the surgery.  When you schedule surgery, you should not have unanswered questions.  Please have all your questions and concerns addressed before booking surgery.  The question of high profile or not cannot be answered without examining you or seeing pictures at a minimum.  Generally, for someone of your size, 107lbs, I think high profile is probably too much for you.  Also, keep in mind that high profile implants stretch the tissue a lot over time.  In addition, are you having saline or silicone?  It makes a difference. I rarely recommend high profile saline.  Given your height and weight, high profile 325cc may be too large.  Women with small frames do not need as much volume to achieve a given cup size compared to women with larger frames.  A smaller volume high profile or a midrange profile may be better.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon, as it really depends on your exact measurements.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Silicone gel high profile implants are good

+1

We too use very few high profile implants, but for some the implant is a good choice depending on chest size, breast envelope, and the 'look' you wish to have. We are not so positive about the saline high profile as the texture is firm for our sense of the aesthetics, but opinion is diverse on that issue as well.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

High profile in narrow chest patients

+1

235 cc HP are ok if they are silicone gel implants.  Saline high profiles have been associated with excessive pressure on the subcutaneous tissue and thinning of the breast tissue.  Go for it!

Good Luck with your surgery.

Dr Del Vecchio

Web reference: http://www.bostonbreastcenter.com

Choosing your Breast Implant Size

+1

Thank you for your question. You are correct in that no online consultant can give you as good an estimation of appropriate breast implant size/profile as can a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who examines you in person and has an opportunity to discuss your goals in detail.

In regards to breast size, the more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
If surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.