Is a 325cc to Big for my 5'1 Frame at 123 Lbs? Currently Wearing 34A?

How will it look?

+2

The best way to decide if your size will fit is to use external sizers... around 300 cc's to simulate the 325 cc implant in your body.  If this looks fine to you, let your surgeon pick the profile to fit your chest the best.  Only you can decide if something is too big for you.  Best wishes.

Is 325 too big?

+1

I would need some more information to make any recommendations including a formal consultation.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant volume and cup size

+1

At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  325 cc implants would take you up 3 cup sizes to a size D. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

325cc Breast Implants Too Large For Small Chest

+1

As I have said before, I am very particular about the size of implants that I use. I never use an implant that exceeds the base width of the breast. While this is a conservative approach, it minimizes the risks of permanently damaging the breasts from too large an implant. I would thus advise that you when you see your surgeon you discuss with them what size implant matches the base width of your breast. If you wish to go a little bigger then you can increase the profile from low to mid-range.

Michael Weinberg, MD

Breast Augmentation with 325cc's

+1

This size is a very common.  However, you need to look at your breast base width to make sure that it fit naturally.  Your plastic surgeon will help you.  This will probably a good implant for a c-cup.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Is a 325cc Too Big for my 5'1 Frame at 123 Lbs? Currently Wearing 34A?

+1

325 cc is not an unreasonable size, but trying on sizers in the office will give you the best idea.  Picking the profile or style should be easily navigated by your plastic surgeon.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Size of implant depends on your measurements and much more

+1

In order to know what size implant to use, your chest and breast measurements need to be evaluated.  Also, it is important to understand what kind of look you are seeking.  Frequently, I see patients seeking breast augmentation that are models or dancers that desire a look which gives them upper pole breast fullness.  This would require a different style of implant than someone seeking a very natural look which simply allows them to look better in a strapless gown etc.

It is also very important to appreciate the shape or your body and waist since the width of the implant can contribute to creating a more of an hour glass look if that is what is desired. 

So, in short, there are many factors that should be considered when picking an implant not just the cc volume.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Picking an implant size

+1

Really need more information to understand your body shape and proportions.  It is possible that you would do fine with a 325 cc implant.  Your plastic surgeon is your best resource to understand you anatomy and suggest an implant profile and shape that best fits your body.