Only Took out About 325CC's of Fat and Solution with Smart Lipo

I had Smartlipo done on my flanks yesterday and the Dr. only took out 325 CC's of fat and solution. Is this a common amount? From the posts I've been reading, people have had way more taken out usually. I'm 5'5", 147 pounds, and a size 6. I'm just hoping I got a good value for my money.

+2

In my opinion based upon your posted photos, I would have used Smart lipo TRIPLEX on 1064, 1320, 1440 wavelengths between 32 and 40 watts, delivering 50,000 to 80,000 joules of energy. Than liposuction off 1.5 to 2 liters of fatty liquids. Appears as if you did not have enough energy delivered and fats removed. Was your Smart Lipo doctor a boarded PS? 

Only 325 cc's removed does sound inadequate. From MIAMI 

Liposuction flanks and abdomen

+1

325ccs may be enough for some patients. It depends on the amount of fat they have to begin with before liposuction.  An examination is important because sometimes the muscle of the belly bulges forward without there being an abundance of fat. In that case, a tummy tuck is needed to provide better contour.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Inadequate Fat Removal with Smartlipo?

+1

While only the doctor who performed the procedure can know for sure, 325cc of fat (which includes a percent of the infusion solution as well) would be an inadequate removal in many of my patients for flank liposuction/Smartlipo. I am assuming that the pictures you are showing are before the procedure? If so, you have a lot more in there than was removed. As a general rule when performing flank liposuction, the flanks have to appear straight or even indented inward at the time of surgery to go on and have a really good result. This is a timid amount of removal and it appears more could have been done. This may be a reflection of the experience and training of the surgeon.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

You need to have more fat removed

+1

I agree with Dr. Blinski. The more  important than the laser lipo is the experience and qualification of the plastic surgeon . Make sure that your surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon and has experience. There are a lot of non plastic surgeons that offer laser lipo with no experience.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon