Is 325 & 350 Combination Mentor Implants the Best Choice for a Natural Look Added to a B Cup?

Hello, I am scheduled for a breast augmentation in a month and decided to go with a combination of 325 & 350 cc's. I currently have a b cup (one breast slightly smaller than the other) and want to make sure I am not going to big. I was debating between 300 & 325 or 325 & 350 cc's. I don't want to make a mistake and go to small or to big. I have a medium frame, 34 bk, 27 waste and 38 hips and am 5'6" 145 lbs. All the facts I can have will help me to know I am choosing the best size for me.

Size of implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Even with the dimensions given it is hard to determine what you need without an in person consultation. I would consider trying sample implants and showing your surgeon pictures of your desired result to help determine the size implant that should be used.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Choosing the right breast implant

+1

In order to give you an idea of a good implant for you, I would recommend taking samples of the implants and placing them in your bra to give you an idea of you'll look after the surgery.  You may also want to bring in photos of breasts you like to your plastic surgeon.  Have done many breast augmentations, I believe these things are the best for choosing the right implants.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber...Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Tough question regarding implant sizing

+1

Very hard to tell what will be too big or too small for you, as the perception of either is sooooo subjective.  Additionally, such subjective terms as one breast is slightly smaller, etc., also tough to judge.  Add to the mix, saline implants can be manipulated by adding volume to the smaller side to even them up.

What I like to do is to have the patient in the office and have the patient try on implants.  This way, the woman can actually see how things look on her, and see them from different angles.  It is tangible. You get a great idea what things look like in different shirt styles and colors.  Not perfect, but a great way to see how things may look.

See if your ps can do this for you, as it will reduce your anxiety before surgery.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Choosing the best implant size

+1

Hi,

You have asked a question that cannot be answered until you have your consulation.  Doctors vary on how they help you choose the right implant.  I have done thousands of these operations and let me tell you how I do it.  I rarely miss.

I examine the patient to see the volume of breast tissue.  If asymmetric, then I choose one that will be our target breast for our process.  Then I show the patients MANY pictures of all sorts of breast augmentation patients.  I let them choose several that they say would make them happy if they were to look like the chosen pictures.  WE DO NOT TALK BRA CUP !!   How can you?   If I show you a C cup patient and tell you she wears a D cup, you will not even look at the picture because you will have shopped for a bra cup !!

So, when the patient picks several in the acceptable look category, then I add to or subtract from that implant size for the picture patient according to the comparative volumes of the patient pre op and the photo pre op.  It is more simple that is sounds.

Patients ask me to tell them the bra cup.  I tell them bras vary and we are "shopping" for the look.  Then I do the math.  It is surprising how consistent patients are.  Usually they hit the bra cup size accurately that they wanted but it has to come from the look back to the implant with the volume adjustment for the patient. If asymmetric, then add or subtract accordingly for the other side.

Rarely miss !!   You can use the beans, bags, pads, measurements, etc.  NOTHING beats showing the doctor pictures you like but even better is to have the doctor show you their patients because they know the volume measurements pre op for the photo patients.

Shop for the look with your doctor.  Shop for the bra at Victoria's Secret....bras are so variable. 

If you like the look with your clothes off, then you will not care much what bra fits your breasts !!

Wow...that was winded !   Good luck with it all.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.   Albany, New York

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

325 or 350 breast implant

+1

A 25 cc difference in implant volume is not alot. Do a baggy test to see which one you like the most.

How to select an appropriate breast implant size

+1

Nothing creates more anxiety than implant size selection.  A breast augmentation is an operation that you want to do once, do it right and not have to repeat it.  The most common reason for reoperation is size selection.  More likely than not the patient desires a larger size.  It is helpful to think it through.  As a plastic surgeon I give my patient a range of implants that fit their size and shape.  This includes measuring the base diameter of the breast and then selecting an implant within that base diameter range. The implants themselves are not designed to hang over the edge of the chest wall so an overly wide implant can cause problems.  In general for very 175 to 200 cc of implant volume you will go up about one cup size.  If you are starting with a B cup then an implant in the 300 to 350 cc range will most likely have you in the C+ cup size.  This is only a general estimation.  At our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This allows our patients to see their predicted result depending upon the size and shape of the implant selected.  

Right size of implant

+1

It's impossible to advise you without a photo or exam. That being said, the implant size you are referring to, in general, shouldn't make you look "too big", but it will probably increase your cup size 11/2 or 2 cups sizes. So you might get into a D cup. If you are adamantly opposed to that, you should review your choice with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. It is hard to recommend an implant without an examination. By measuring the width of your chest wall, you can better determine which implant, by its width, fits better. Your plastic surgeon will be a better person to discuss this with. Good Luck..Dr Thomas Narsete  Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD

Which size is best for me?

+1

Thanks for your question. It is difficult to answer your question without  having the opportunity to examine you or look at photographs.  From the measurements that you give it sounds as though you are on the right track. 

In my own practice we keep actual  Mentor and Allergan implants for patients to try on in a testing bra.  I think it is the most accurate method  for determining size. 

I always recommend that my patients think I about their entire frame and not just the breast itself.  I strive to see a balance between the curve of the breast and the curve of the hips.  Once we achieve balance with the width of the implant then we begin to alter the projection and look at high, moderate or low profile implants.

A patient with a drooping breast and may require more projection than a patient with no droop at all. A saline implant may give more lift than a silicone implant. High profile implants can change the cup size without changing the diameter.  They also give more lift. 

I would recommend that you follow up with your plastic surgeon and asked to see the implants on your frame. I find that the best way to go.  And I think it's the best way to go.  I think it's the best way to go.

Good luck to you. 

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Is 325 and 350cc the right implant size?

+1

Thank you for your question. As you can imagine, picking the implant size is a poit of much stress among women undergoing breast augmentation. There is no perfect method despite the use of sizers, computer imaging, and other methods.

To get a natural, well shaped result, it is important to think about the breast implant 3 dimensionally. The width of the milant should approximate the base width of your breast and chest. This will help avoid a wide space between the breasts or lateral overflow. The projection can then be chosen based on how full you want to be.

It is impossible to select an implant size for you without an examination. Though you are debating between 2 sizes, it is important to remember that there it is difficult if not impossible to tell the difference between 25cc, as it is only a couple of tablespoons. I would suggest meeting with your plastic surgeon once more to get their opinion on the implant size that you selected and ensure that you are both on the same page.

Best of luck with your breasts.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon