If I'm a 32 Band U.S. Bra Size (27/28 Inch Ribcage) How Many Cc's to Increase 1 Cup Size?

Implant size?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

One cup size change

+1

About 200 cc's are needed for you to increase one cup size.You should discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Ernest D. Cronin, MD

Breast implants, breast augmentation

+1
It really is difficult to determine. The most important measurement is the diameter of the breast as this will determine the diameter of the implant that should be used. Base on what you have described about 200 cc's should increase you about a cup size.

David L. Abramson, MD

How many cc to increase one breast size?

+1

Usually the normal number is somewhere between 150-200cc to increase the cup size. However, when a breast augmentation is being done there are technical issues as well, creating fullness, cleavage or also if the patient has loose skin, meaning that they had volume loss over the years, need to replace that volume loss. So considering all these things , occasionally 150-200cc may not be enough, we may need to put a little bit more than 200cc depending on the patient type.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Implants and cup size

+1

Typically a volume of 150-200 ccs will increase your breast by one cup size, although this volume requirement varies based on body frame and existing breast volume.

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Cup size and implants

+1

it is very difficult to "size you up" without performing an exam and going over your surgical goals.  There is not exact volume per cup size, but they probably go up about 150-200 cc/cup .

Bra Size after Breast Augmentation

+1

It used to be that we could tell you about how many cc's it would take to increase you a bra size based on your measurement around the rib cage below the breasts. For someone your size this would have taken 100-125 cc's. Now it is impossible to determine since each bra manufacturer uses their own rules about bra cup size. Therefore, now, you need to be more specific than simply discussing desired bra cup size. You need to discuss, at length, in general terms, what size you would like to be and trust your Plastic Surgeon to pick the right size. Another alternative is to use sizers in a loose bra to determine about what size you desire. This, with further discussion, will determine the size of implant used. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

What size implant to increase breast one cup size?

+1
You can expect to increase your cup size by one measure by using an implant between 150-200 cc. To pinpoint the best size, you should consult with your plastic surgeon and try different implants. I like to use the Vectra 3D system by Lumenis, so my patients can visualize their result with different implants before having the procedure.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

How much volume to increase 1 cup size

+1

It is very important that although numbers are helpful, you cannot generalize ccs to cup size.  You frame, skin type, elasticity, previous pregnancies, as well as the bra manufacturer all go into the final cup size. The best way to make this decision is to go in for an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and try on different implants to get a better answer on what implant is best for you.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Volume needed to increase one cup size

+1

This is difficult to answer without knowing your breast skin quality or current volume. You may however need at least 150-200 cc's to increase your cup size by one cup. A board certified plastic surgeon can help you with the sizing process by having you try on different sized implants.  I use 3D imaging which gives a very accurate simulation of what a certain implant will look like on your specific frame/body.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD