310cc Implants 4 Days Ago. When Will Pain and Swelling Subside?

I Had 310cc Implants 4 Days Ago and I Am Miserable. My breasts are swollen all over, including under the arm. I am tender and very sore all the way to my hip bones and around my sides. It hurts to lay down and it's very difficult to get up. I have been icing myself non-stop. When will this go away?

Breast implant augmentation surgery and stages of pain and need for medications

+1

In my experience there are several stages to the pain story. The inflammatory phase of wound healing is 4 days and patients experience the most amount of discomfort during this period. Anti-inflammatory medications may help. Icing and range of motion excercises particularly with under the muscle placement are very helpful. Pain lasts on and off for intermittent need for pain medication for 7-10 days during the second phase and then at night from 3AM-4AM for about 3 weeks with nightly use of pain medications during this period. Thereafter it diminishes.

Pain and swelling after augmentation

+1

It is normal to have some discomfort for several days after breast augmentation. If the pain is severe or the swelling is significantly different between the two breasts, then you may want to review this with your surgeon.

Significant pain and swelling after breast augmentation - see doctor

+1

I would recommend that you consult your surgeon regarding the matter right away. While it is normal to have some discomfort, the pain should be significantly reduced by your medications. As far as the swelling is concerned, it should be relatively minimal. It is expected that moving from laying to sitting will require a bit of effort and possible discomfort on your part, the degree to which you are describing should be evaluated by your surgeon. 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

This does not sound normal.  Have your plastic surgeon see you immediately.  If there is large areas of bruising (ecchymosis), then there may be a hematoma.  There may also be an infection.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Need to rule out hematoma after breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

The picture you describe is not at all typical.  There is usually little pain or swelling after breast augmentation.

See your plastic surgeon right away. A sonogram will show whether you have a hematoma.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)