I am 31 yrs old. and I might be very late on this topic of Contour thread lifts? (photo)

I am interested , in doing a non-invasive thread lift , just around the eye area. On the outside corners, to give the eyes a minimal lift upward. Is this possible ? I am in NY, and found a board certified surgeon who does this, But after reading these old reviews yrs prior on realself, i'm second guessing this. I just want a more lifted effect on the corner of the eyes, (upward) . Do you think this worth it ? for my age? is the procedure, more advanced than it was 4 -5 yrs ago ?

The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Crow's Feet Lift Works Well For Smoothing & Giving A Lift To The Sides of They Eyes

+2

I was one of the first physicians in the Northeast to receive the required training and who was permitted to use the Contour Threads after they were first introduced over ten years ago. In fact, I even performed the procedure on a patient on the CBS network Morning Show at the time. They worked well for their intended uses. However, a couple of years after they were introduced, the company stopped producing them and even refunded the money to physicians for any remaining unused threads in their possession. No explanation for this turnabout to my recollection was ever offered. So, Contour Threads haven't been available for approximately eight years, although other threads, which have never received FDA imprimatur, may still be found.

If a minimal lift around the eyes is the objective, I would recommend investigating The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Crow's Feet Lift. This procedure, which employs a volumizing filler, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, will likely give the lift that is being sought, without any cutting, stitches, or permanent threads being placed under the skin. For more information on the specifics of this technique, I invite you to check out the archives of Realself.com or my website.

Can a contour thread lift help my lateral eyes?

+1
  • Most physicians have abandoned the contour thread lift. The results are not sufficiently long-lasting to warrant the cost. There are however minimally invasive procedures that can affect the lateral brow and eyelid. I would suggest that you see at your local board-certified plastic surgeon for further information and options.

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon