31 Years Old Hispanic Female with Dark Circles - What's the Best Solution?

Doctors have given me a few solutions:juvederm or transconjunctival blepharoplasty and CO2. Before persuing any of these options, I would like to treat them with laser:Q-switch, Fraxel or Aluma.I can have a blepharoplasty, but only when I'm older.I have always had dark circles, even as a child.I'm allergic during spring and my hemoglobin is always low (iron is normal) What can I do to improve the dark circles when the tiny swelling does not bother me?

Dark circles of the lower eyelids

+1

You have some swelling of the lower eyelids possibly, not just fat pads. Juvederm or Restylane may create too much swelling if they were injected to smoothen out the tear trough, even if injected below the muscle. Lasers may induce postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have not found consistent improvement for dark circles with the use of vitamin K creams or other eyelid topical therapies. It is something that some people have to live with rather than incurring a poor aesthetic result.

First, determine the cause

+1

Dark circles can be caused by heredity, allergies, too much sun, aging, herniated fat under the eye to name the most common. It can even be a sign of an internal cancer, if the circles are pinkish purple (heliotrope sign of dermatomyositis and breast cancer). Please see a dermatologist before doing any procedures to make sure you have just a cosmetic problem.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist