I'm a 31-year-old Female. I Have Malar Bags. What Procedure Do You Recommend?

Malar bags treatment with Direct Excision, Fat Grafting, Lower eyelid Lift

+1

The Treatment for malar bags can be: 1. Direct excision; 2. Fat injections; 3. Young Volumizer; 4. Lower eyelid Lift; 5. Facial Fillers. The benefits of the Direct Excision is that you can treat the area directly but there is the negative of having an incision right on the bag area.  Fat injections are perhaps the most natural way to improve this area. The Young volumizer is like fat injections but done and developed by Dr. Young based on his theory on facial aesthetics. Lower eyelift can lift the extra skin and take away the fat under the lower eyelid. For your particular situation, I would recommend fat injections or the Young volumizer. Below is a video on Direct Excision. We have other videos that are related to the other options that we discussed previously.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be minimally invasive

+1

There are a number of invasive procedures which can be offered to you in an attempt to improve your condition.  My experience is that in this instance less is better.  A trial of fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) is your best option with the least chance of problems.  Also these products can be "erased" as easily as they are placed.  I know fat injections seem like a more permanent fix - but I have seen many complications with treatment for this problem.  Best of luck.  Please make sure to see someone well versed in these issues.

Don't get laser or fat for this.

+1

Hey you are 31 with a small issue.  A small amount of Restyalne or Perlane will help you very much.  Laser resurfacing to sufficiently tighten your olive skin to improve the festoon will damage your natural skin pigmentation (think Casper the ghost).  Fat grafting requires surgery.  It is my opinion that it is very difficult to get a fat grafting service to actually fix a festoon.  Healing from these is simply too unpredictable.  However, I have seen plenty of fat grafting procedures make a festoon 10 times worse.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Depressed? Get Fat or Fillers

+1

If you have a depressed area on your face, the quickest and most simple treatments are fillers injected under the skin in that area, such as Restylane or Juvederm. These treatments are not permanent, but can last up to one year. Fat grafting is another option and can provide a more permanent result, but it can be difficult to get a complete result with one treatment. A portion of the fat that is grafted does not survive, and it is difficult to control this amount. A midface lift is a surgical option to restore your youthful appearance.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Malar bags

+1

You seem to have a fairly mild case at this point.  They are caused by a loss of support from the orbital/malar retaining ligament.  A midface or midcheek lift would help.  Also adding volume  to the entire tear trough area  will help to camouflage this malar descent.  Fat and fillers would be the best option for adding volume.  A laser resurfacing procedure would improve the texture and that in combination with either fillers or lifting will improve. 

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.