31 Year old, No children: Silicone or Saline and CC size? (photo)

I am 31 years old no children. 5"3 130lbs and my stats are 34-27-39. Currently a C cup was a D cup. My breast are starting to drop a little and shrink. I want more of a lift and fullness on top but I want them to look and feel very natural without ripples. It has been recommended to go 425cc Silicone under the muscle or 375 cc saline under the muscle. Advice please?

Implant

+3
Thank you for the photos but a full examination is really needed so that you are fully informed about what is the best implant choice for you and the best approach

Dr Corbin

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Silicone or Saline?

+2
Thank you for your interest and photos but your photos are not good enough to make a definitive statement but you seem like you are a good candidate for this procedure.  There may factors in deciding which implant is best for you but I would focus what is possible and not always what is wanted.  Listen to your PS and follow his advise but if you want the softest and most natural feel the I would go with the silicone.  If you lose volume or weight you might not like the feel of the saline.  Each implant has its advantages and disadvantages and you will need to examine them both and make the decision which is best for you.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Silicone or saline? what is the best implant and what is the best size? CCs?

+1
Thanks for your question. 
The best approach is to create beautiful and good breast shape as well as symmetry.
Both silicone and saline can be good options however, each have their own benefit and risks.
Please consider a personalized consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and you could get the results that you are looking for. In our practice we spent a great deal of time with our patients helping them decide the best approach, the best implant size and the best type of implant depending on their anatomic features. When all the guess work is taken out of the equations, the patients are extermely happy.
Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sajjadian,
Triple board certified

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Saline or silicone

+1
Most surgeons have a bias toward one or the other, so a lot of the advice you get will depend in the surgeon you see.  I think saline are more trouble free over the run and that silicone have a much higher incidence on capsular contracture.  Rippling with saline is initial if the implants are under the muscle and you avoid excessively large implants.  375 cc saline is a good choice for you.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 425 cc implants are large, will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. Frequent causes of dissatisfaction are over implantation and not performing a simultaneous lift when needed. From your photographs, it appears you have some drooping and would benefit from a simultaneous lift. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I recommend for the breast to be lifted, I don't believe that by placing an implant, these will rise. Skin laxity is present now and will get worse if you add weight to them by adding implants only.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

31 Year old, No children: Silicone or Saline and CC size?

+1
In my over the internet opinion/guess you need more volume like 450 cc+ and a possible donut lifting... 

Breast Augmentation

+1
It's always hard to tell from photos, but it looks like an implant alone will give you the fullness and lift you desire, and you do not need a true breast lift.  Between silicone and saline, silicone gel will always win for a more natural feel and minimal risk of rippling.  These are the two biggest drawbacks of saline -- a slightly firmer feel, and rippling on the lower, outer edge.  I would definitely recommend a silicone implant placed in a dual-plane position, which means part under the muscle, and part under the breast gland.  As far as exact size, I wouldn't get too hung up on a specific cc implant.  I have patients show me pictures of the size they want to be, and I can match that look almost exactly.  I use temporary sizing implants in the OR, and when I find a volume that matches your photos, I will open that exact implant from my consignment.  This method is much more accurate in hitting your goal size versus trying to decide on an exact size implant before surgery.

Kyle Song, MD
Irvine Plastic Surgeon