I'm a 30 YO Planning For Pregnancy. Can I Have Smart Lipo on Lower Abdomen?

Ok I'm planning on having babies soon,does this procedure have an adverse effect on my plans of child bearing??

Babies

+1

no there is no adverse effect on pregnancy. However, after delivery of your last child you may need a full tummy tuck or just lipo.

Yes, it can be a problem, so I don't recommend SmartLipo right before pregnancy

+1

While SmartLipo is great, you don't want to do it right before pregnancy.  Your body will change significantly while you are pregnant and that's not the time to diet, so likely some fat will appear in areas where you may want future liposuction.  So, if you do SmartLipo right before pregnancy you could end up wishing you had waited.

Also, the other issue is that if you gain weight during pregnancy it will likely NOT go to areas where the liposuction was performed, so it could end up making you look somewhat uneven.  All in all, liposuction and SmartLipo are great, but it is best to wait until after pregnancy if you are planning a pregnancy soon. 

On the other hand, if pregnancy is years away, you certainly could consider doing liposuction with the understanding that it may require you to have a redo after the pregnancy.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Smartlipo and pregnancy

+1
should not prevent you from having the procedure and expecting a good result. what ever changes take place with the pregnancy will be unrelated the the liposuction. good luck with both.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon