What Will 300s Look Like on a D Cup?

I've had large breasts my whole adult life, so it was a big change when I lost weight and went from a F cup down to a deflated D cup. I will be getting a full breast lift with implants, but my dr does not want to go much higher than 300 ccs same time as a lift. I am afraid I will look too small, esp. on my r side because I am asymmetrical. My breasts measure 27 cm on the r and 30 on the l. A lilttle bit larger size might be used on the r. I worry with the lift, I will look smaller than a D.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

300cc's On a D-Cup? #breastimplants

+2

Every person will look different with different implants. The reason for the in office consultation is to decide what your goals are. The implant size is largely dependent upon your breast measurements. You should have had the chance to try on different profile implants that fit your breast specifically. Each one will give you a very different look. As long as you trust your surgeon and feel you have communicated your goals then you should be ok. It is never a bad idea for you to re-itterate what you are looking for. Keep in mind every breast is different and being asymmetric is normal. Most women are asymmetric to some degree. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Combined Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

It is understandable that your surgeon has created some artificial limit to the size of the breast implant he will place in conjunction with your breast lift. When plastic surgeons are poled across the country, many wouldn't even do a breast augmentation and lift simultaneously, and some who do have gotten significant complications, most notably tissue necrosis, including the nipple.

There is no doubt that this surgery requires expert level skills to perform consistently, to not only avoid such devastating complications, but also to avoid an aesthetic result that is wanting.  Consistently pleasing results are gotten by surgeons who have performed this surgery daily for years.

My personal philosophy: 

1. This surgery allows complete reconstruction of the breast, to not only obtain optimum breast shape, but symmetry in size and shape between the two breasts, regardless of their preoperative differences.  Symmetry in shape and size is achieved completely with the lift portion of the surgery.  A larger breast is reduced to match the smaller breast, and sometimes both are reduced, to remove tissue that is prone to re-droop afterwards from both sides.  When done correctly, this will not increase the risk for complications.

2. The implant is used for two purposes. The first is to achieve upper pole fullness that cannot be obtained by the lift, regardless of breast size.  (Ironically, lifting a very large breast will not give you upper pole fullness, in fact, it will most likely drop out and empty the upper pole, hence my reasoning to reduce breast size during the lift.)  The second reason for a breast implant is to give back volume lost during the lift/reduction or to achieve patient's goal size.  I always put in the same size implants, as any asymmetry in size is corrected in the lift/reduction phase of the surgery.  Putting in large implants is entirely possible without increasing the risk of significant complications when done correctly.  My only concern is, once again, long term aesthetic changes due to drop out from the mass of the larger implants.

I hope that this give you some perspective on the operation you are contemplating. It may be in your best interest to get another couple of consultations to see what other surgeons say.  Make sure the surgeons are certified by the ABPS, are members of the ASAPS which indicates their practice concentrates on cosmetic plastic surgery, and finally the surgeon is reputed as a cosmetic breast surgery specialist. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Dimensional Planning a MUST!

+2

You must have an appropriate width of implant for your chest dimensions. This is particularly important when lifting, or essentially shrink wrapping your skin around the implant. If he is proposing a moderate profile 300cc that may have enough width, but I would absolutely not recommend a 300cc HP implant for any of my lift patients. You can always stage the lift and implants so you can pick the size you want, and see how you look after the lift without implants as another option. Ultimaltely, I would recommend a second opinion with another  board certified plastic surgeon doing at least 200 breast augmentations a year.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What Will 300s Look Like on a D Cup?

+2

By most techniques, only a trivial amount of tissue is removed with a breast lift, so there should not be a noticeable size change. 

Your surgeon probably has an appropriate concern about doing a lift and adding a large implant at the same operation, as risks get elevated beyond an acceptable rate. Trying on implants in the office should be helpful is finding a goal size. If you think you will need a really large implant, it may be wiser and safer to do just the lift first, and then regroup for surgery in several months. All the best. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics and know how much of a lift you will need.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Sizing breast implants

+1

Although not a perfect science, see if your doctor will let you see what a 275 cc implant placed inside your non-padded bra looks like.  Then, place a t-shirt on.  This will give you a good idea of the general volume and look you will achieve with a 300 cc implant under the muscle.   The other issue however, is that your PS may not feel it is safe to place a larger implant at the same time as a lift.  In this case, the use of the sizer implants I discussed may help you determine what size implant he/she eventually places.  Good luck.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon