Will 300cc's Help Me Achieve a Full C Cup?

5'1 130LB 34B (small)

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

300 cc for full c cup with breast augmentation

+1
Most patients want to have the fullest breast profile that still looks natural on their body. The limiting factor for implant size is almost always the appearance of the upper pole. At some implant volume, the upper pole of the breast begins to look excessively rounded or convex, and that is a look that says "I have breast implants"  It is much easier to communicate the size you'd like to achieve by sharing other before and after photos with your surgeon rather than just discussing cup size as that can vary significantly from one brand of bra to another. 
Take your time checking the credentials of your doctor. Look for lots and lots of before and after photos with excellent results all with three angles with constant lighting, cropping and same distance away from the patient. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

300cc to achieve you goals?

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Implant size selection and cup size

+1

It is difficult to predict your final cup size because cup sizes are not standardized.  Cup sizes vary by designer.  So a Cup in one designer could be a D or B cup in another designer.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Let's talk size!

+1

In general, a 300cc implant will increase a cup size by a little over one full cup size.  However, it is difficult to answer this question properly without photos to determine your starting point and your base size of your breast.  Also, the positioning of the implant (ie; whether it is under or over the muscle) will have to be considered when choosing an implant size.  Good luck!

Kenneth Dickie, MD, FRCSC
Barrie Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and size

+1

Dear Tweenzie,

Although it is difficult to adequately and fully comment on your question without photos or more information, it is likely that 300cc will give you a full C cup.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Bra size after implants

+1

It is impossible to guarantee a bra size after implants and difficult, if not impossible, to even guess without an in person exam or photos. The best way I know to estimate is to take a baggie and fill it with rice and try it in your bra with clothes on. When you get to a size that you like, measure the rice. But you then need to talk with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to decide if that is a suitable size for your anatomy and skin. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

B cup in a girl 5'1

+1

The best advice that I can give you about breast implant size is to rely more on your visual assessment of your actual size and proportions with different sized implant sizers in a bra at consultation and then select the implant size based upon what you see.  Then, whatever cup bra it takes to fit the breasts that you like, is what your cup size will be.  If that is a C cup, then so be it, but in reality, you might actually like the proportions of a D cup ON YOUR BODY.  This is the most reliable way to achieve SATISFACTION and not just a cup size, which in reality should be everyone's goal.  We use cup size in our culture to discuss breast size because that is the most convenient way that we have to discuss this, but in reality it is not as standard a measure as we would like to think.  Furthermore, a certain sized breast implant will look very different on a girl who is 5'1" and 130 lbs. than a girl who is 5'10" and 150 lbs., and this doesn't even take into account the variable amounts of breast tissue volume that each individual lady starts out with.   It is much more accurate to have each lady try on the actual size of implants that she may want and simply judge how they look on her body taking all factors into consideration.  I have used this procedure over the years on many, many cases, and I get very few requests to switch size of implants.  It eliminates guess work and puts the control in your hands to help determine your ultimate breast size, and I think that increases the likelihood of patient satisfaction.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon who offers preoperative sizing at consultation, and in my opinion, this will be the best way to answer your question.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Full C cup

+1

Without pictures or an in person examination, it is impossible to tell you exactly what size you will be after your breast augmentation.  In general, 125-150 cc should increase you approximately one cup size but this is not an absolute rule.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD