Would 300cc's be enough for a natural look? (Photo)

Hi again, I wanted to know if 300cc's would be a good size for my breasts to become fuller and larger (one size at the most)? I've been to a few consultations and have had one doctor tell me I need a life on one breast but I've had another tell me I can just have implants and didn't even mention a lift. I've attached a photo of what I'd like them to look like after. I don't want the fake look and like the upper pole to have a slight slope.

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Choosing the Correct Implant Size

Thank you for your inquiry on breast augmentation and choosing the correct implant.

Selection of implants depends on many factors. This includes chest dimensions, skin quality, implants that will fit you, and your goals. I suggest that you return to see the plastic surgeon that you preferred. Discuss with him/her the different recommendations, your goals, and together decide the best implant for you. Best Wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309

Thank you for your question .

300cc silicone implant should give you the results you are looking for.Once you come in for surgery you can try on sizers which is the closest system to see you end results. I have all sizes of implants in the office incase you need to change your mind with the sizers.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

51 SW 42nd Ave
Miami, FL 33134

Would 300cc's be enough for a natural look?

300 cc is probably the appropriate volume or close.

Los Angeles, CA.................

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

You are a good candidate for breast augmentation

I do believ you can achieve the look you want with breast augmentation alone without a lift. 300cc may be close to the photo you want but 350 would be a safer bet.

For more information on sizing please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Breast implants and sizing.

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. Based on your picture and your desired look, 300cc implant may actually be slightly small if placed under the muscle which I would recommend. You do seem to have some loose skin while I do not think you need a breast lift, slightly larger Implants likely in the 350 mL range 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

560 Northern Blvd.
Great Neck, NY 11021

IT appears that 300cc implants would be appropriate to achieve a result similar to the photos you submitted as your end-point. It would leave you with a natural result. But ultimately, you need to bbe examined to be more certain of the size to be used. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

9 E. 62nd Street
New York, NY 10021

Great question. Sizing of breast implants is a very individualized process. Essentially, you need to custom fit the implants to your body. In order to properly size implants, you need measurements of several key items. Regardless of what manufacturer of implant your surgeon uses, they all have what is called dimensional fitting systems. These systems basically take some measurements of your breast width, height, and tissue stretch to determine the optimal volume for your particular tissues. i.e. What can your tissues handle? So someone 5'0" 147 lbs with 3 children vs. someone with no children may have different optimal volumes due to the differential stretch in their tissues. You can google "High Five Augmentation" to get a quick idea of the process.

In general, from your pictures I would guess that you have moderate tissue stretch and I would guess that your breast width would be about 11.5-12 cm at the base. Therefore, from a dimensional standpoint, 300 cc implants would be in the right ball park for your tissues. I wouldn't sweat the lift. Good luck.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

6355 Walker Ln
Alexandria, VA 22310