2011 Had 330cc Saline Implants Removed - What Should They be Replaced With? (Photos)

300cc saline, round, overs: heavy, nipples down - not perky - removed 2011. Need advice. 44yr, 5'3", 130 lb. Breastfed 3 kids.

2012: Consult: Said she would have never gone larger than 225-250cc for my petite frame. 2013, Consult #2: PS recommended full anchor lift w/ 275cc silicone mods, under. Consult #3: PS recommended full anchor lift w/ 350-400cc Silicone HP unders. I want the tight, youthful, pass the pencil test look. I am confused about size/type. I have heard horror stories of HP implants not dropping, and square frankenboobs. Silicone vs saline. I do not want to be a huge freak. 13cm diameter.

Implant volume and cup size

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral since the muscle compresses it. Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size. If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

2011 Had 330cc Saline Implants Removed - What Should They be Replaced With?

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation revisionary surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation) help.

Should consider a vertical lift with submuscular implant size between 300 to 350 cc

+1
From the appearance of your breasts you would do well with a vertical lift and an implant to fill in and enlarge the base diameter of your breast.  This will give you the best chance of a having a firm tight perky breast.  

Implant options after removal

+1
There is usually some sagging after removal of implants, but it is not always necessary to do a lift. That would depend on the size and type of the implants, among other things. High profile implants do provide more of a lift by filling the loose skin envelope, but you would have to be comfortable with the size. You may be a candidate for form-stable implants such as Allergan style 410. My guess however is that some version of a lift would give the best result.

Richard Baxter, MD

A small vertical lift and subfascially place implants will deliver the most naturl beautiful look.

+1
Hi c_cruz,

In my opinion there is absolutely no reason to do an anchor lift nor is there reason to use high profile implants.  These two choices will certainly deliver the results you are scared of in most cases.  from the pictures it looks like you have two options, to do an augmentation alone and lower the inframammary fold a few centimeters to lift the nipple or to do a small vertical lift (lollipop incision)r with the augmentation.  The results will be greatly superior with the lift as it will correct the size and shape of your areola and give you more perfect breast form.  The subfascial technique allows a very natural draping of the breast for a seamless "hidden implant" look.  most surgeons will recommend under the muscle but this produces the splayed apart look that is all too common in breast augmentation.

Rian A. Maercks, MD