Does 300cc Saline Mod + Fit my Profile Size? (photo )

I am 5"3 and about 102 lbs. I am a 32B. I am deciding on getting 300 cc SALINE mod + profile. Do you think I can achieve a natural look and feel without rippling? & how much to overfill by? Lastly, I am prone to keloid/hypertropic scarring. Which incision is best in this situation? Thanks!

Concerned about rippling why choose saline breast implants

+1

Your choice of size seems appropriate. However saline implants or more likely to cause rippling which is a major concern. Sub-muscular implant placement may help but saline implants can ripple even with overfilling.

Sizing for BAM

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast augmentation size and incision choices

+1

You are a very good candidate for breast augmentation.  Not knowing the reason for choosing saline implants, 300 cc implants will likely give you a C cup.  Choice of incision especially in your situation of poor scarring makes you an ideal candidate for the TUBA procedure.  In this procedure, saline breast implants are placed through the navel with the incision on the inside of your bellybutton rendering your breasts scarless.  The scar will be barely noticeable once healed.  You will need to be examined for the possibility of high profile implants which looking at the pictures you may be a better candidate for.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

300cc saline implants may not be the best choice.

+1

300cc implants will add just over a cup size of volume to your present size. If that is your goal, then your size choice is good, and your breast pocket diameter will guide the best choice of implant profile. Moderate plus may be a bit narrow to provide a natural cleavage (it could end up too wide), and your surgeon will need to see if a moderate profile implant in this size range still fits your pocket without folding. Otherwise, moderate plus is a good choice for the profile. High profile implants will likely be too narrow and overprojecting and will give a wide-cleavage, unnaturally high, round look.

My biggest concern is your choice of saline implants. You are petite and have a moderate amount of your own breast tissue, so coverage of implant ripples or edges is not a concern superiorly. But where the implant is covered by the thinnest tissue layers (inferiorly, inferolaterally, and in the cleavage area towards the bottom), visible or palpable rippling may become a bigger concern than your bad scar tendency. Silicone gel implants (the latest generation of cohesive silicone implants) cannot leak, stay intact even if they somehow were to rupture, and have the softest, most natural "feel" with the least likelihood of visible or palpable rippling. (And, they never re-operation for deflation!)

For someone who has the genetic tendency to develop hypertrophic or keloidal scars, you have to ask yourself where you want those thick, wide, and visible scars. Armpit scars may actually be worsened by the motion, moisture, and bacteria in this area, and a bad scar may inhibit your ability to shave your armpits. Truly a visible, nasty, hairy mess!

If you and your surgeon choose a periareolar scar, it is always front and center, visible when nude, and potentially lumpy beneath a swim top (visible scar protrusion). This scar placement would potentially also be visible beneath tank tops, smooth fabric bras, or more sheer or thin-fabric blouses. Embarassing!

An inframammary scar is mostly concealed by swim top, clothing, and is even less or not visible when nude, but is indeed visible when reclining or from beneath the breasts. As my old plastic surgery professor once taught: "The only ones who see those scars are dogs and lovers, and neither of them care." Better surgical exposure, control of blood vessels, and accurate pocket creation make this incision a good option to minimize the risks of re-operation for any reason, but the choice is yours to make (with your surgeon).

Click on the link below for more information about breast implants. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Although I think you are asking good questions, you will be better off addressing these questions/concerns with your plastic surgeon. Keep in mind that no plastic surgeon, despite best efforts can guarantee a “natural look and feel” or the absence of rippling. Some rippling/palpability is very common, again despite best efforts. Be careful that you have achieved realistic dictations prior to undergoing surgery.

Every plastic surgeon may have a different opinion about the best location for placement of incisions; my preference for the placement of incisions for most patients undergoing breast augmentation surgery is the infraareola area.

Breast Implant Sizes

+1

Without seeing you in person and/or reviewing pre-op photos, it shard to give yoga good recommendation for breast implant sizes.  It really depends on your measurements, your anatomy, you skin/tissue thickness and your expectations for surgery.  In our office we use the VECTRA 3D simulation machine which can show you in 3D the results of different implants in your own body.  We then take various size sample implant and have you try them in your bra.  This way, you get a good feeling of what the extra volume/weight will feel like after surgery.  Why Saline?  In most cases, I recommend silicone under the muscle for the best result.  If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Breast augmentation question

+1

I agree that a physical exam is always needed and just your pictures are not enought for a complete diagnosis. Given your scar history I would use a one inch arm pit incision to place your implants. I think a 300 cc moderate plus saline implant filled to 325cc would be great for your frame. Good Luck and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Looking to get a natural look and feel breast augmentation

+1

Saline implants tend to ripple more than silicone and therefore surgeons will overfill them. This however makes the implants harder and less natural feeling.  For this reason most surgeons will tell you that a silicone breast implant looks and feels better than a saline implant.  There is a new line of breast implants by Allergan(Natrelle Inspira) that have least amount of rippling.

For scars, I find that 90% of the time when patients state they are prone to keloids, they in fact do not have any keloids.  Given your fair skin tone I suspect that you too are not prone to keloids.  However, whether you have keloids or not, placing a scar in the armpit is a great way to hide scars.  When these scars are fully healed, they are very difficult to see.  Another great way to hide scars is to place them around the areola.  Putting the scar under the breast makes them most visible but it allows most surgeons the easiest access to the space under the breast/muscle and for this reason many surgeons still like this approach.

If you are set on 300cc saline implants, I would recommend going through the axilla and overfilling them at least 50cc but that may void the warranty.

Talk to your plastic surgeon to review his/her personal preferences.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breas

+1

You are asking great questions,. but without an exam, it is difficult to say what implant would be best for you, and as for rippling it depends upon the thicknes of your tissues. I suggest you go for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Does 300cc Saline Mod + Fit my Profile Size?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. My choice is 350 cc HP based upon the photo and limited info provided. As for incision location very hard to advise without in person examination.