Would 300cc HP Implants Take Me from a Full B to a D Cup or DD Cup? (photo)

I'm 5'25" (157cm) I'm 103lbs (46.6kg). Fairly slim and toned. My ribcage measurement is 28.5", and my measurement over my breasts 33", above my breasts just under my arms 30". If I have 300cc HP cohesive smooth round implants, under the muscle. (diameter 10.9, projection 4.5cm) what cup size am I looking at. I always wear 34B (no padding) or 34C with some padding to give killer cleavage. 32C with no padding. Oh my BWD is around 12cm

+2

I would guess that the implants you are looking at will take you to a D or DD cup.

Do keep in mind 2 things:

1. cup sizes are notoriously variable. Your final cup size will depend on the brand of bra you choose and the person fitting you. For example a woman can return from purchasing her own bra with a 38B garment. Send the same person to a professional bra fitter and she might just end up in a 32DD bra. Which is her actual cup size?

2. I always ask my patients to forget cup sizes. The best way to end up with the look you are seeking is to try on implant sizers in front of a mirror. Choose the size that gives you the look you wish to have. Once again your final cup size will depend on who makes the bra and who fits you.

Finally, the cup size people think will please them after surgery is often not the size they initially had in mind. For example, I have heard any number of women request a full C "but under no cicumstances do I want to end up with a D cup." We do the sizing as I outlined above and, on their return at 3 or 4 months after surgery, I always ask what their cup size is. "D," they reply. "Are you happy?" I ask.

"OH, YES!" is the answer.

Good luck!

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

300cc HP implants

+2

From your photo, I would guess that 300cc high profile gel implants will increase your bra size to a D or full D.  I doubt that you will fill out a DD bra.  If you are faced with choosing between two sizes, you should generally choose the larger size.  I rarely have had a patient wish they were smaller.  However, some patients wish that they could have been larger.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Would 300cc HP implants take me from a full B to a D cup or DD cup?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

I think you will need 350-400cc to get into the D/DD range.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

300cc HP Implants

+1

Thank you for the question and for the detailed information including a photo. From the information that you provided, the implants are more likely to make you a D that a DD.  Obviously an exact prediction is going to vary according to wear you purchase your bras.  Different companies run differently as far as the listed size goes.

When you have completely recovered from surgery, do you want to err on the side of being a little bigger or on the side of being a little smaller? That can be your guide as to going up a size or down an implant size.

I hope this helps.  Best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

What size after 300cc HP implants

+1

From your description and photo I think that 300cc would get you into a 34D (not DD) or a full 32D (maybe DD). A good rule of thumb for your size is that it takes about 150-200 for every cup size.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast sizing with implants for augmentation

+1

1. 32 a/b   to a 32 c only requires about 275 to 300 cc of volume..
2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
4. Moderate or standard implants are wider than Plus
5. Plus are wider than High profile
6. Saline implants can be adjusted somewhat

It is important to consider what you consider is an attractive shape and size of a breast and to be less concerned about the numbers.
Pictures of women in and out of clothing helps some patients

2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
5. Plus are wider than High profile

2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
5. Plus are wider than High profile

2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
5. Plus are wider than High profile

2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
5. Plus are wider than High profile

2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
5. Plus are wider than High profile

2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
5. Plus are wider than High profile

Breast cup size and implant volume

+1

I do not think a 300 cc implant would give you a solid D cup breast size and it would definietly not achieve a DD cup size.  I would try on a 300 cc implant under a sports bra or tight shirt in your plastic surgeons office and see if you like how it looks.  If it does it will not matter what "cup" size you actually are.  If you really want a DD cup size it will likely require more than 300 cc.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Augmentation - Would 300cc HP Implants Take Me from a Full B to a D Cup or DD Cup?

+1

It's very hard to determine preoperatively what exactly bra size will result from inserting specific breast implants.  That's because there are so many factors:  the patient's height, weight and currently bra size, the amount of breast tissue, the diameter of the bases of the implants, etc.  There are some general rules but the best way is to try several sizes to get an idea of what you'll look like; the video I've referenced below addresses many of these issues.  Even with that there are no guarantees but my sense is that you won't be as large as a DD with the size you're talking about.  You may want to go larger if it will fit which - of course hard to tell from a photo - it looks like it will, as long as you're okay having a larger implant.  The larger the implant you use, the more it risks looking "implanty," the more it will sag over time, etc.  So there really is a balance.  You should talk to your PS about this, try to assess yourself using different size "sizers" - and then just be happy once you have a successful enlargement that is exactly what - or even pretty close to! - the result you were looking for.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Cup size and implant volume

+1

The final cup size is difficult to predict, and each patient looks differently with the same implant. I do not think a 300 cc implant will achieve that for you based solely on the photo. Do a baggy test with the volume and see how it fits in a tight t-shirt. That is a fair assessment.