300cc or 350cc? (photo)

Hi, I am wanting natural looking breasts, proportionate to my body as I am naturally quite flat chested, I want mentor smooth round silicone implants but was wondering what size and profile?

Implant size selection with constricted breasts

+2

Thanks for the photos. You have constricted breasts with minimized lower pole breast tissues, short distance between nipple and inframammary fold, and relatively high fold with sharp fold crease. On top of it, your areola are wide apart from each other. Additional information such as quality of breast skin and thickness of breast tissues will help finalize your treatment plan. For my patients who present with similar issues, the final treatment is almost always a set of compromises. It's important to figure out what's the most important issue for you. Is it certain size or shape? How important is cleavage? How far apart should the your breast implants be positioned? Are you willing to have excessive upper pole fullness? How about double bubble deformity?

My suggestion, just based on photos alone, would be periareolar incision, subfascial(above the muscle) placement, anatomical shaped texture silicone implant from Sientra. Low to mid 300's cc.

I would highly recommend that you seek out in person consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to work out the best treatment plan for you.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Implant size for breast augmentation.

+2

Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos I think you have a slightly constricted inframammary fold but no other characteristics of tubular breast.  Having said this, the question isn't what size implants do I think you should be, rather what cup size do you want to be when you are finished.  Based on the photos I feel that an implant in the 350 range would likely place you in the "C" range.  450cc implant would place you in the "D" range.  So it really depends on the final size that you want to be, not the final size that your surgeon suggests for you.  Hope this helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+2

Hi,

It appears from your photos that you exhibit Tuberous Breasts.  I would recommend an areolar incision, subfascial high profile( Mentor moderate plus) style silicone gel implants with a range of 350 to 400cc  and correction of the tubular appearance.  You will be very happy.  Good luck.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think your breasts demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with mild breast constriction (tuberous breasts).  For example, the distance from your areola to inframammary folds  are relatively short and the “takeoff” of the inframammary folds sit relatively laterally on your chest wall. You may find the attached link helpful as you educate yourself about the constricted breast and breast augmentation done for patients with constricted breasts.

When it comes to breast implant and sizing concerns, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Constricted Breasts and Augmentation with 300 or 350 cc?

+1

The IMF can be lowered to make the breast seem more round and lengthen the NAC to IMF distance.  This will allow the implant to be seated so that the NAC will be at the center of the new breast mound.  The natural space cannot be closed too much or a symmastia (one breast) can develop.

Implant selection

+1

While you look like a good candidate for implants, the only way to properly evaluate you is by seeing you in person and performing an exam and discussing your goals.  Without that it is impossible to say what is best.

300cc or 350cc?

+1

Here the big difficulty will be the lower pole of your breast, after solve it the surgeon can prove with test set, for the right volume.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

How to Choose Implant Size.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

By far the most important factor in choosing the implant size is not the cc's it is the base diameter.  Just like choosing a shoe, you would not want to go by how tall the heel is, but how the shoe fits.  To have natural looking breasts without an unnatural gap, your breast diameter needs to be measured.  Once this measurement is take, an implant with a complimentary diameter (minus the thickness of your tissue) should be selected.  Once this is done, then increase in cup size would be selected.  While this is different from body to body, in very general terms, moderate profile will give you approx 1 cup size increase, moderate plus 2, and high profile 3.  This changes a bit based on the rib shape and other factors.  Once these two decisions are made, the cc's are then whatever that particular implant is. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implants size

+1

Both 300 and 350 cc appear to be conservative natural looking choices for you.  I strongly recommend that you try the implants on in a bra before surgery so you can visualize the size on you.  This will show you the appearance that you can expect in clothes post-operatively.  Good luck with your surgery.

Sacha Obaid, MD

What size?

+1

Thanks for sharing and your photos. The options you discussed (300 and 350) both seem very reasonable and there's also a 325 cc that you can consider. I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon and have a full consultation. Best wishes - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD