300 HP Silicon or 325 HP Silicon to Get a Full B / Small C at Biggest?

Hello! I am 5'2", 110lbs, 32A. I have been to 2 consults and both saidI have a very narrow chest and not much existing breast tissue at all so I would need High Profile Silicon Implants. I told both doctors I wanted to be at a Full B/Small C at the BIGGEST with the results. Both mentioned 325 HP Silicon under muscle. I have been doing a lot of research and many girls have said they were 32A and after 325 they were 32D ---can someone here please help me?? I want to look VERY natural.

Breast cup size after augmentation

+2

There is no standardization of cup sizes, and no guarantees can be made on cup size after augmentation. You are talking a 25cc volume difference which is 6 teaspoons--in the final result...this is insignificant. I would suggest the 300cc implant, which may be more natural on your petite frame. This is likely a small C/full B size, depending on the bra. This size is typically not at all a D if you start fairly flat chested. 

Natural breast augmentation results

+2

Choosing the appropriate sized implant varies based on breast size, body habitus, and personal preference, among other factors.  There is minimal difference between a 300 and 325 cc implant.  Following surgery, a difference of 25 cc would scarcely be noticeable.  Neither of these implants will convert an "A" cup to a "D" cup breast.  I think a good approach is to try many different sized implants in a non-padded bra in your surgeon's office.  This will give you a rough idea of what the final outcome would be.  A good approach is to choose something proportional to the rest of your body and worry about the cup size later.  You will find that your bra size will vary depending on the brand and manufacturer of the bra.  Another approach is to do a little web surfing.  You will encounter thousands of before and after pictures.  You may find a woman with breasts very similar to your own and base your selection on implant sizes that other women chose.

The Difference Between 300 and 325 High Profile Is Pretty Much Non-Existent

+1

Letters such as A, B, C and D mean nothing in the bra community because there is no standardization for those letters.  To make an actual difference in volume, even on a small chest, you need to go at least 50 - 75 ccs.  I have done thousands of breast augmentations during my career, and no one has ever said that I went too big.  However, after surgery, many patients commented that they wish they had gone bigger. 

All that being said, I understand your concern.  I would, if I were you, go back into your surgeon's office, try on both implants with a bra and tight T-shirt.  Bring along your best friend who can advise you as to which one looks better, and then go with that advice.  The good news is both sizes are good and both will give you exactly what you are looking for, but based on what so many patients have told me, I would probably choose the 325.  That way, you know you went to the biggest you could comfortably accept which is the way most people wish they had gone after surgery. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Natural looking B or C cup

+1

It is hard to advise someone what size implant will create the best look on  them without an examination. Ultimately, its not about the cup size, because  all bras are different, but it is about how comfortable you are with the way you look after the surgery.  That 325 CC hi profile silicone implant will likely create a full C  on your frame.  It can look natural, but it will be full.  Best to try on the implants at your surgeons office.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

NEVER, NEVER decide on implant size by what others did.

+1

Dear Frustrated in Fort Worth. I have found in 18 years of doing breast augmentation that the only way to tell what is the best size to put in is to make the patient try them on. Put a pair om implants in a stretchy bra with a tee shirt on. Pull back on the bra straps (helps to have someone behind you) and snug the shirt. Keep trying on till you like what you see. You'll get down to one of two sizes, typically 25 cc apart. Then ask yourself how much is 25cc? Ans, 2 tablespoons. It doesn't matter. Finally, the surgeon should adjust that volume up about 20% depending on your build and whether you are going HP or mod+. the reason for this is that you lose about 20% apparent projection or volume when you actually surgically put them in you.

Good Luck,

Dr. Clayton Moliver

Breast augmentation to a natural B-cup

+1

Very petite individuals with a  narrow chest may be tempted to use a high profile implant and this may be an appropriate choice when fuller volume is the goal. The high profile implant is rounder than the 'natural' breast and on a narrow frame can give a 'canyon' effect with a deep space between the breasts. In our experience we would tend to use a smaller implant and lower profile to allow the implant a better fit dimensionally within the breast. If the B-cup is your goal, make sure your surgeons understand.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Sizing by volume of implants

+1

The way to understand sizing and naturalness of the result of breast implants is to think in terms of dimensions of the implant relative to your breast rather than to think in volume. It's much more like fitting your body to a dress or your foot to a shoe than it is to pick a volume in cc's and wonder what effect it will have. You don't get to just pick a dress or shoe size and make it work. You get measured to see what size you are. 

The problem is more difficult for breast implants than fitting dresses or shoes because there's no good way to try on an implant and putting them in a bra externally is of no help in spite of how common it is to try it. We also don't have a good way to measure the volume of a breast before or after the surgery. Bra cup sizes are a very poor measure of relative size, but it's all we have to try to talk about breast size. Recall also that cup size is relative to your chest size around. A 32-C is not the same as a 34-C or a 36-C. 

Unless your breast is unusually narrow or wide for your chest, currently available breast implants in saline-filled or silicone-filled implants will increase your apparent breast cup size (relative to your chest circumference) by between one and two cup sizes. If you are a mid-A cup size now, then a properly fitted implant that will look natural can only get you to a mid-C cup size. This is done by measuring the width of your breast upright with your arms down and subtracting about 3/4 of a cm to allow for the skin/fat layer. This determines the width of the implant. The other choice which your tissues will accommodate is the forward volume or profile of the implant. The maximum forward volume in silicone gel-filled implants is a high profile (which is very similar in Mentor or Allergan implants). But if this two cup size increase is too much then you could scale back to a medium profile and only increase by 1 and 1/2 cup sizes. This is called a medium profile in saline-filled implants but has confusing terminology in gel-filled implants. From a mid-A cup you would look like a borderline B/C cup. The volume in cc's of the implant is looked up on a chart of available implants and their dimensions rather than starting with the volume and making it fit. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Please don't commit to an exact implant volume

+1

Hi there-

A bit of anxiety is normal prior to breast surgery- but having this much anxiety over 25cc of implant volume is not in your best interests.

Please read the following- I think it will help you:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2010/01/achieving-beautiful-breasts-you-desire.html#657

Proper Sized Implant

+1

It is unlikely that a 325cc implant would take someone fron an A to a D cup.  Having said that, I feel you will be most comfortable selecting the volume of implant which will augment you to the degree you want by trying on implants.  Once you know the volume, a plastic surgeon can help you in choosing an implant which will give you the most natural look.