Filler or Botox for Tear Troughs (Age 30)?

I Am 30 Years Old ; I Have Tear Trough What I Should I Use for It Filler or Botox

Botox vs Filler for tear troughs

+3

Botox is not indicated for tear troughs.  Botox relaxes muscles.  It can reduce "rabbit lines" due to the procerus muscle, but does not fill in tear troughs.

Hyaluronic acid fillers, preferably Restylane, are very effective for tear trough problems.

Sometimes, patients prefer to have a lighter filler such as Prevelle injected to see how they tolerate undereye fillers before having a heavier filler such as Restylane.

Juvederm seems to cause long lasting edema in rare patients in my experience.

I do not recommend semipermanent fillers for the undereye area.

Botox or fillers for Tear Trough Procedure (under eye)?

+2

Hi Somayia.  The tear trough issue is caused by a lack of volume in the under eye area as well as the facial anatomy moving downward because of age and gravity.  

The problem cannot be addressed by Botox as what's needed is more volume.  The job is one for dermal fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm.  Be aware that the tear trough procedure is a very technique dependent one and you should search for an advance3d injector before getting the procedure.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Tear Troughs under the Eyes are treated with Fillers

+1
The under the eyes tear troughs are caused by the sagging of the cheeks with age leaving thin eyelid skin over the lower rim of the eyesocket. bottom is a muscle weakener used to smooth hyperactive, wrinkle causing muscle and has NO place in treating tear trough deformities. These are best treated with Restylanr, a hyaluronic acid filler. Dr. Peter Aldea

Tear trough treatment

+1

Botox is not used for tear trough deformities. A very nice solutions it to have fillers like restylane used to camouflage the tear torugh deformity.