I Am a 30 Year Old Woman Looking to Try Anti-aging Skincare Products. Suggestions?

I don't have any wrinkles and hardly any fine lines. They do not bother me, but that doesn't mean I want to show too much age too much sooner. I also have mild acne, and am VERY fair-skinned. I take a number of prescription medications for medical conditions including narcolepsy. (Modafinil, Topiramate, Atenolol, Synthroid, Xyrem, and Paroxetine.) I would like to find a product for my age that is not harsh on my sensitive skin, as the prescriptions would likely be. Any help, please? :)

Anti-aging skin care products

+1

The most important anti-aging product to use is sunscreen every day.  You could use a mild alphahydroxy acid lotion, starting every other day to avoid irritation and an anti-oxidant serum the alternate days.  If you can tolerate these products, you could slowly introduce a retinol cream or you may be able to tolerate prescription Differin cream which would also help acne.  You should avoid heavy creams with oil that will worsen your acne.  Please see a dermatologist who can recommend or prescribe products that would be appropriate for your skin.

Toronto Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.