Loss of Facial Contours After Rhinoplasty

I Am 30, Heavy Smoker, 51 Days After my Rhinoplasty, the Facial Contours Have Nosedived :), What Exactly is This Due to?

+2

Thanks for the series of hidden eye photos. Really I have no answer for you. Best to see a doctor/surgeon in person to discuss. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Loss of Contours

+2

It is difficult to tell from your pictures.  Seeing you in person would be the best option.  However, after surgery, you may likely have swelling that is changing the contours that you were used to seeing.  If this is the case, it will resolve with time.  Otherwise, you should follow closely with your surgeon for advice on post-operative care.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Rhinoplasty Post-Op

+1

It is the structural components, the cartilage and bone, which provide support for the nose. It is possible that disruption of these support mechanisms may be the cause of your deformity. It is important to consult with your surgeon regarding possible options.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loss of Facial Contours after Rhinoplasty

+1

The only explanation for a loss of facial contour after rhinoplasty is the presence of temporary swelling. This always resolves, but it may take 6-12 months.

Nasal contour loss

+1

At about 7 -8 weeks after rhinoplasty the nose is still pretty swollen and will take up to a year and sometimes longer for all the swelling to subside.

+1

It appears that the pre-op photo was taken with the flash on, and the post op photo was without a flash, so it is difficult to really tell anything about the facial contours.  However, if you notice that the contours seem diminished, then it is likely due to continued swelling after surgery.  This can take 6 months to a year to resolve.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nasal contour "loss" after rhinoplasty.

+1

Nasal contour "loss" after rhinoplasty is probably due to the swelling that will go away 6-12 months from the time of your surgery.