Is 30% Glycolic Acid Safe to Use on a Weekly Basis on Mixed Race Skin?

I would like to use it in the comfort of my own home for acne spots, scars and oily skin. I do not have contact with a dermatologist as I cannot afford it. Is 3 minutes a good time to long it on for. Thank you for your time.

USING 30% GLYCOLIC PEELS WEEKLY

+1

I would be cautious! Is this a professional product? It really depends on the ph of the acid. I would only leave it on 30 seconds then, neutralize with water. If your skin responds well, you can leave it on longer the next time. Gycolic acid is a great exfoliator, but weekly treatments may be excessive. Over time, this will decrease pigment spots from acne. A deeper peel would help improve acne scars.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

30% glycolic acid every week is probably excessive.

+1

Depending on the PH and free acid content of the 30% glycolic acid peel, weekly treatments may be excessive depending on your skin's reaction to the peel.   If there is not redness, peeling or inflammation following the peel, it may be OK to have it done every week.  If the skin is red and peels after each treatment, weekly applications are probably too frequent.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Superficial Peels Using Glycolic Acid are Safe

+1

Light or superficial chemical peels using glycolic acid penetrate to the bottom layer of the epidermis and will stimulate growth of a new epidermis. They are better suited for mild to moderate textural imperfections, fine lines, pigmentation irregularities, and acne lesions. They may also be helpful for pores and oily skin but do little for acne scars. They are designed to be repeated weekly or every other week because of their quick re-epithelialization times. There is little discomfort, minimal down-time, and gives reasonable results. There is no "cook book" approach to application times as this will depend on many individual factors.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/medical-spa-services/chemical-peels/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Glycolic acid

+1

Glycolic acid is superficial peel, it will NOT affect pores, acne scars or oily skin.

Cosult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon