30 Days After Double Eye Surgery: Half of Crease is Not Folded? (photo)

I have had about 2mm high double eye lids. After surgery, I got about 10 mm high double eye lids while still original double lid on the right eye is visible. The half of newly produced high crease (close to ears) are unfolded with only high crease visible. As time goes by, the swollen on my eyes subsides, then the whole of crease on both eyes will be folded while my original creases go away? Or do I need a revision?

I think you might consider a personal consultation to assess what is going on.

+2

The photographs you have provided are difficult to interpret especially since they are so blurry.  The right upper eyelid seems especially concerning.  Yes things get better in time but you have issues with how the crease was structured.  One does not need to wait out a year.  I regularly revise these as early as 6 months after initial surgery.

Swelling ..

+1

Although it’s not clear by your question regarding the timeline from the point where you had your surgery, your last picture does show an incision line that is above another crease. It is important to bring this to the attention of your physician. It is possible that due to swelling or release of the anchoring suture, the lid crease may require additional enhancement. It is important to recognize that swelling can sometimes affect the depth of the crease during the early healing phase. Once some swelling resolves, you’ll have a better idea of whether or not the crease requires additional surgery to ensure that it appears symmetric.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Elevating an eyelid crease can be problematic

+1

You did not mention what your goal was for surgery. Was it increase the height of the creases? If so, then unfortunately what you have encountered is the result of this attempt. The good news is that with time, the scars will fade. Wait at least 6 months...preferably a year before re-evaluation

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid crease after double eye surgery

+1

One month is still very early after upper eyelid surgery. Typically, plastic surgeons will advise to wait at least a few months before judging results. It's premature to consider revision procedure at this time. Speak with your eyelid plastic surgeon regarding any concerns you have. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

30 Days

+1

Sure, I understand your concerns.  However, let's wait the full six to twelve months for proper healing and see where this takes you as you keep your follow-up appointments with your surgeon.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

30 days is not enough to see final results. You are still swollen and tight you should give it at least 3-6 months to think about doing a revision. Everything should settle with time.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS