I Am 30 and I Have Hyperpigmentation All over my Body Due to Psoriasis, What Can Be Done?

I have brown skin (South East Asian origin) and I was wondering which chemical peel would be best suited to treat the hyperpigmentation..

Hyperpigmenation can be treated with skin lightening creams.

+1

It would be best to schedule an appointment to come into the office for an evaluation before beginning any type of treatment. In general, skin lightening creams can be effective in lightening hyperpigmentation on the face and body. Superficial chemical peels may also be an option. However, it may be difficult to treat large surface areas with peels. A mild glycolic acid body lotion used daily can also be successful as it promotes exfoliation.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Try applying M2 (20% mandelic/malic acid skin care products.

+1

I would recommend M2  (SkinCareRx.com) 12%  serum for the first month once a day and then switch to 20% serum for the next few months.  Skip a day if you skin is irritated and use only moisturizer and protect from the sun.   This has helped many of my darker skin type patients with hyperpigmented skin.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

You best option is to work with your dermatologist to control your psoriasis.

+1

Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune skin condition.  The associated inflammation can result in post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.  The best treatment is control of the psoriasis. This can be an imperfect process and the treatments do have side effects.  You best option here is to work with your dermatologist.  Not every dermatologist is created equal so might find an academic dermatologist who specializes in the treatment of psoriasis.