I Am 30 - and I Have a Deep Line Across my Forehead and I Want to Know if Juvederm Can Make It Disappear Completely?

Can Juvederm Remove Forehead Lines?

+1

Thank you for your question. Juvederm in combination with Botox can significantly reduce your line, but 100% or completely are words which may not be the best to use. These lines are caused by muscles and volume loss in specific areas. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Forehead Line

+1

Those lines are caused by dynamic muscle movement so injecting Botox would likely be the better option so the muscle stops moving; then the line will be relaxed and less noticeable.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I have a deep line across my forehead and want to know if Juvederm can make it disappear?

+1

Photos and/or an exam would be necessary to provide you with the best advice. In general, lines on the forehead are best treated with Botox or Dysport, as they are due to muscle movement. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. They are all great choices, and will be able to advise you during an exam. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

For most people in their 30s with a reasonable amount of solar aging, forehead lines tend to result from muscle movement. Botox tends to be the gold standard treatment for that type of line. If the line is imprinted on the skin (still present when your forehead is totally relaxed) then several treatments with Botox might be required for smoothing. Juvederm can be used for forehead lines but tends to be unnecessary when someone commits to a regular Botox regimen. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs. Fillers for the forehead

+1

Thank you for the great question. Lines and wrinkles in the face can be thought of as static (constant) or dynamic (related to movement).  For most people, particularly in their 30's, the forehead lines are truly dynamic. These are best treated with Botox, which weakens the muscle and therefore softens the lines.  For static or deeper folds, Juvederm can be a great solution. This is more commonly used in the cheek area or nasolabial folds.  Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox as the initial treatment

+1

It would be easier to aptly provide you with the "simple" solution if you supplied a photo.  However, in my experience, even deep forehead wrinkles can be treated with Botox alone.  In the event that Botox does not completely eliminate the lines, then a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Restylane will fill in the defect.

John Layke, DO
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Deep line on forehead

+1

A photo of your forehead would be very helpful in answering your question. Botox is usually what I would recommend first. If the line is still visible after adequate treatment with Botox, we can try fillers such as Juvederm. Whether the line will disappear completely depends on the depth of the line, your skin elasticity, how long the line has been there, etc...

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon