3 Wks Post Rhinoplasty and Afraid the Tip is Starting to Droop? (photo)

Hi I am 3 weeks post rhinoplasty. The tip and supratip regions are swollen. I am afraid the tip is starting to droop. What do you think? As the edema resolves over the following months is this likely to look better? worse? or stay the same? Thanks

3 Wks Post Rhinoplasty and Afraid the Tip is Starting to Droop?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos but at 3 weeks VERY VERY early to comment! Allow 3 months healing than decide if you need a revision. 

Rhinoplasty is a long term healing process

+1

The healing time course for rhinoplasty always surprises patients. I tell my patients that from start to finish the process takes at least one year. However in male patients it can take even longer due to the thicker skin. It is very difficult to make any type of accurate assessment of a rhinoplasty result when you are only a few weeks out from surgery. However the most important thing is for you to meet with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. That being said it is very likely (depending on the maneuvers that were) that you will notice some improvement in the position of your tip as swelling and edema resolve. Rhinoplasty really does take patience to see the full result but there is nothing wrong but making sure that things went as planned with your doctor. That's why we're here!

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Dear Kyle,

I would suggest seeing your surgeon and discussing your concerns. Your treating surgeon will know best what was done during the procedure and what expected and proposed aesthetic results were discussed. Keep in mind three weeks post surgery is very early in the recovery phase and the nose takes time to completely heal. In the interim for peace of mind see your surgeon. Best regards and wishing you a speedy recovery. Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Rhinoplasty nasal surgery and drooping tip

+1

Dear kyle7132,

• I would bring this up to your plastic surgeon because he/she knew what was exactly done in the procedure
  • It may just take time, or it may require a small procedure, but it is hard to say without knowing what was done
  • Best regards,

NIma Shemirani