3 Wks Post Op TT N Lipo of Love Handles I Have Fat at the Bottom of Stomach After Full TT? (photo)

I'm three wks post op. I have bulging roundness at the bottom of my stomach. I asked my ps today what's this hoping he would say swelling, he said its all you. Then he went on to say something about not lipo the front because it would cause dead skin? I'm confused... I'm guessing he didn't do any lipo during tummy tuck. He said cardio would take care of it. Is it true that I'm stuck with a stomach like this after paying over 7 grand? What can I do to get it flat?

Tummy tuck at three weeks post-op

+2

At three weeks post-op from a tummy tuck, you are still very swollen. Give it time to heal before getting too nervous.

I Have Fat at the Bottom of Stomach

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos attached. As I look at these (which are not a good substitute for an in person exam as you have had with your surgeon) I find that I am looking at a very good improvement and a good result so far.

At three weeks there is almost always some swelling present, some from actual swelling in the abdominal wall tissues, some within the abdominal cavity from the pain medications most patients have taken, which decrease intestinal function and increase the abdominal girth temporarily. 

Most surgeons concur with yours that it is hazardous to liposuction the lower central abdomen at the same time that a TT is done. 

Do continue to follow up with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck results are normal

+1

Your results are normal. There is still some swelling that will take a few months to go away completely and give the final result. Your surgeon chose not to liposuction that area because of concern that liposuctioning that area would decrease the blood supply to the area and increase risk of skin death.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is a good option

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  I think liposuction would be a very good option for you to reduce the excess fat that is present after your tummy tuck.  I do not see why you would have healing problems for doing so since the blood supply to the abdominal soft tissue is sufficient at this time to allow healing to occur.  

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm