3 Weeks Post Op. Do They Seem High? (photo)

I had 375cc smooth round implants under muscle. They seem quite high still, just worried that they are never gonna come down. Have been wearing a band to help push it down. Also doing massage about 3-4 times a day.

Give Your Body Time to Recover!

+1

After breast augmentation, the implants usually start out high, and then migrate downward within six to eight weeks.  The final decent can usually be determined by three months in which both implants have settled to the same level. 

You're early on in recovery. Continue with the post-operative treatment that your doctor has recommended. By three months you should notice the upper pole, which is seen in a bathing suit or bra, should be even.  If there is unevenness, with one implant being high, or one implant being low, then a revision may be needed. However, this isn’t able to be determined until the three month mark. All the best --Dr. Cohen

3 Weeks PO, Too High?

+1

Thanks for your question and photo.  You look just fine for only being 3 weeks Post-Op.  Continue massaging and following your surgeon's instructions and they should drop nicely.  Every patient's recovery is different but be patient and give it another couple of months.  Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Implants too high at 3 weeks?

+1

You seem to have a very good result for 3 weeks out.  Your implants will continue to settle over the next 3 months.  It sounds like you are doing the right techniques as well.  Keep in mind to examine yourself in the mirror and concentrate on the breast that is higher more.  You will do well.

Best Wishes!

Pablo A. Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Submuscular implants can take some time to settle down

+1
you're early on in your recovery.  It can be good 2-3 months before the implants settle down.  In some cases it can be longer.  I recently had a patient who was very worried for 3 months.  It seemed like one implant just wasn't coming down as well as the other.  When she returned for her 4th month visit she was very happy because finally they equalized... be patient, it will settle

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Too high after an augmentation?

+1

Your appearance is normal and if you keep with your regimen, you should achieve your 'perfect' results.  Keep up with the massage and the band and you should be good.

Curtis Wong, MD

High breast implants

+1

It is common to see high riding implants after breast augmentation. This can be a combination of spasm of the muscle and where the implant is sitting. I encourage massage and a breast band, to allow the implant to come down. This should be accomplished within the first 2-3 months, before a capsule has fully formed. If you feel that you are not making progress, I have also recommended professional massages to achieve the same goal. But please consult with your surgeon. 

Moises Salama, MD

Implants too high

+1

Your surgery was only a few weeks ago, and the implants tend to ride a bit high initially.  Give it a few months to improve.

More time for implants to settle

+1

Keep doing your massage. Your implants will probably settle some more.  It can take 2-3 months for your implants to settle and we notice changes about to one year.

Adrian Lo, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Massage and bands don't help after breast implants.

+1

Hi.

1)  I am afraid I mostly have bad news.  Basically, implants should be put in the correct level and should look good right.  It is mostly a myth that implants are supposed to "drop".

2)  I don't think your implants will come down much, but I could be wrong.  So be optimistic. And you don't look bad.  You may decide that your breasts are "good enough".  If you are not happy after several months, you may have to consider a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

High Riding Breast Implants

+1

Great question!  From your pictures, your implants are sitting at an expected position for being three weeks out.  In fact, the majority of the fullness you see in your upper breast at this point is swelling of your pectoral muscles and not the implants themselves.  Continue with your downward massages and I expect you will have a wonderful result!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon