3 Weeks Post Op Breast Lift with Augmentation?

I am now 3 weeks post op breast lift with augmentation. I was just wondering what type of bra is the best to wear? I have my surgical bra, but need something different because the bra straps are so large and I return back to work this week. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Bra Suggestions Following Lift? #breast implants

+1

There are so many bras out there. You just need one without a wire and one that is comfortable and supportive. You do not need one that is too tight fitting. I happen to really like the Marena bra. My patients feel the material is soft and really supportive. You can order one online. You will want support anywhere from 3-6 weeks depending on your surgeon's preference.

Bra suggestions following breast lift and augmentation

+1

Following a breast lift and breast augmentation, I usually counsel my patients to wear a soft, stretchy sports bra for the first 3 to 4 weeks.  After that one can wear a regular bra but I would suggest not wearing a bra with under wires as this may irritate the incisions in the fold under the breast.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Bra following breast aug.

+1

Hi,

I always keep my patients in a sports bra for the first 3 weeks following surgery.  I find that patients are far more comfortable being in a bra and supported than out of a bra.  I also don't like to have patients wear an underwire for about a month as this can be irritating.  Another good idea is to buy a bra that secures and releases in the front so its more comfortable to put on and off.  Walmart sells such a bra.  It's cheap and once a few weeks have gone by you can discard it and move into more expensive designer bras.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best Bra after Breast Augmentation/Lift?

+1

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advising, given that he knows your situation best and is ultimately responsible for your care. Having said that, I think that the use of a soft (no under wire) sports bra  should work well.  The bra should fit comfortably, without applying significant pressure to any incision line.