3 Weeks Post Op Breast Augmentation 350cc Silicone Cohesive Teardrop and Asymmetric? (photo)

Immediately after surgery, my left breast looked perfect but my right breast is higher, odd shaped, and nipple is lower. Is there something that I can do to help the right breast drop or is this what I am stuck with. I look really lobsided in a bikini. Any suggestions?

Post op asymmetry after breast implants.

+2

There is a difference between your breasts.  Post operative asymmetries are usually caused be one of two things: muscle spasm keeping your implant higher or asymmetric pocket dissection.  I would strongly advise to follow with your surgeon.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

3 wks after breast augmentation

+2

Yes, there is definitely a difference at this point. It would have been helpful to show your before pictures. You should follow closely with your surgeon and get his advice.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+2

It is hard to say for certain what is exactly happening without a before photo. But I would disagree with the previous suggestions. At 3 weeks after surgery, the right implant actually looks the way that I would expect. Well positioned implants almost always appear to be too high in the pocket for at least a month and usually for about 3 months after surgery. An implant that looks "perfect" immediately after surgery is usually over-dissected and will be prone to "bottoming out". I would expect your right implant to look ideal in a few more months and expect your left implant to look too low. I would not suggest compression straps to try to induce the right implant to move down; it will do so on its own. The more likely problem is going to be the left implant which  will possibly need a procedure called a capsulorrhaphy to help re-establish the infra-mammary fold. I would suggest trying to stabilize the left implant to try to prevent it from further "bottoming out". I would be very surprised if the right implant did not descend into a normal and natural position on its own without assistance over the next several months. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breasts uneven at three weeks post surgery

+1
Thank you for the photos. You are way too early to make any statements about the final result. So far you look good. They usually start to descend at about three weeks. In general it may take 6 months to a year or so to have the implants finally fall into place. Best that you communicate with your board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her know what is going on. Every surgeon may have their own protocol for message, wearing bras, etc;.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Post-op asymmetry with breast implants

+1

Seeing preoperative photos will help determine what kind of asymmetry you had prior to augmentation.  It does appear that the implant pockets are different between the two breasts.  Your surgeon will be able to answer your questions much better as he/she will know what kind of dissection was performed.  You may need a band or the right implant may drop on its own.  It has only been three weeks, so there is still going to be a lot of change in the appearance of your breasts.

Naveen Setty, MD

Breast implants and asymmetry

+1

Seeing a before surgery picture would be nice but it looks like you left implant pocket was dissected much lower then the right. If you or your doctor can push the right implant down then it may be some muscle spasm holding it higher and a downward compression band will help and things may improve. If not you will need a revision to lower the right pocket. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

.

It’s really hard to say what can be going on. We need to see you’re before pictures to have a better understanding. The right implant does look higher, in our practice we give our patients a breast band to help the implant be pushed down into pocket.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS