3 Weeks Post Anchor Lift Plus Implants. Stitch Abcsess? No Answers from PS. (photo)

I had an anchor lift + augmentation 3 weeks ago. One week ago I noticed the vertical incision on the underside of my breast was oozing. My breast is itchy but no pain. I have tried to keep it clean and dry. It is still oozing and stuck to my bra and ripped open further. Since then I am more careful but not sure what to do. I contacted my PS 2x but have not heard bacxk from him. I don't know how I should clean it, should I wear my bra, get nonstick gauze? What do I do?

For now just keep it clean

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It looks like you have developed separation of your incision at the junction of your vertical and horizontal incisions.  This can occur for a number of reasons but its most likely related to the presence of a suture knot in that area.  Just keep it clean at this time and see your plastic surgeon at the earliest opportunity.  He/she may be able to remove the suture knot in this area which will help the area heal quicker.

Dr Remus Repta

Incision drainage and implants

+1

You have to get in touch with your surgeon and get an evaluation to make sure that this is only minor.  Open wounds with implants run the risk of infection.

Oozing post-op

+1

Thank you for the picture. Although this is not "normal" it is certainly not unusual after this kind of surgery. The entire weight of the breast and implant are pushing on this area and this can make it slow to heal. But it should heal; it will just take a bit longer. Keep it clean, just soap and water should be fine, and if the gauze sticking to it is a problem, you can certainly use non-stick gauze. Usually wearing a bra is more comfortable and can be used to keep the gauze in place without tape, which can cause irritation. And keep trying to get in to see your surgeon who can following the healing process with you. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Stitch Abcsess

+1

Sorry you've had trouble getting a response from your surgeon--keep trying. 

Cleaning it by showering should be fine, and keeping a clean dressing of any sort is appropriate. This probably won't heal until the suture fragment is out--I think I see one at the top of the triangular wound.

Thanks and best wishes for an uneventful recovery.