3 Weeks Out is This Normal? (photo)

I am not sure whats going on with my right breast it seems to be double bubbling but my ps says it could just be changing shapes and dropping fast I massage them 3 times a day I don't what to do because I don't want to go into surgery again i can feel the whole bag at bottom and where breast tissue starts there is a slight line! Help! 3 weeks out

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Early taping or compression at the fold after aggressive release may help to limit expansion of that area.  Those people with elements of constriction before breast augmentation are always at risk for this, because release of the fold is necessary to create a proper shape. Always wait for a longer term result.   

Is This Normal?

+1

There is some mild asymmetry of the folds. Without seeing pre-op photos I cannot tell if this is present before surgery--asymmetry is not just common, it is the rule. I think your surgeons advice is well grounded.

You don't mention anything about post-op regimen. Wearing a bra that supports the breast folds make sense here. If you are not doing that, discuss with your surgeon.
Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Post-Op Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. There appears to be a slight asymmetry of the inframammary folds. Having said that your breast are still early on in the healing process. They will continue to change and not reach their final results for at least 3 to 6 months post-op.

Be patient, continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon as they can best determine how your progressing and if any revisions may be required. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

3 Weeks Out is This Normal?

+1

By placing your hands over the breasts very hard to see the issues!! Please repost. But if you do not desire additional surgery than the options are very limited to address the issues you think you have. Sorry. 

3 weeks after a breast augmentation is too early to worry about breast shape.

+1

It may take several months for a breast implant to reach it's final resting point after augmentation.  Be patient and keep in touch with your surgeon.

Inframammary fold issue

+1

I think I may have answered this before but there is some over expansion in the lower pole. If you recently had surgery sometimes a compression garment at the fold level may help. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Double Bubble after BAM?

+1

The breast on the right side appears to have a slight irregularity.  This may be the result of an incompletely severed band during surgery, or something else. 

At this point, I would not worry too much, as it will likely improve with time and massage.  It may not completely better, but cross that bridge when you get there.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Support of the Fold.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question and photos.

You have a small asymmetry to the inframammary fold (the crease of the breast).  This may or may not resolve on its own with time.  Some plastic surgeons believe in supporting the inframammary fold in the initial healing period.  I would suggest you have this discussion with your plastic surgeon.  Otherwise, if the problem does not resolve without surgery, there is a small procedure to revise the inframammary fold that can be done once you are healed.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although the area of concern is visible in the photograph, I think your plastic surgeon has given you good guidance. I would suggest that you continue to follow his advice and avoid judging the end results of surgery until you are at least 6 months postop.

You may very well, despite current breast asymmetry, be very pleased with the long-term outcome.

Breast fold asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  From your photos there appears to be a mild breast fold asymmetry.  It is fairly early in your recovery period and therefore too early to know if this is a transient issue that will resolve on its own.  I am sure that with time and some guidance from your plastic surgery you will heal well with a very good result.  It will only be at that time in the future that all of the healing has taken place when you could make reasonable decisions regarding correction of relatively small asymmetries.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD