3 Rhinoplasties and Very Depressed?

the 3rd surgery took place 2 months after my butchered 2nd procedure. The revision surgeon performed an open procedure to insert the columella back into my face, he also broke bones to remove bridge hump and shaved down the tip. When the cast first came off it looked good but almost 3 months later I find myself very depressed it keeps changing shape. The supratip is bloated it looks aweful as well as the tip which is leaving me with assymetrical profile views. I am really depressed and it shows

3 Rhinoplasties and Very Depressed?

+1

I'm sorry that you are not happy with your Third Rhinoplasty but Revisions take even longer to heal than primary Rhinoplasties as I'm sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon has explained.  Give yourself a year to see the final result and take it form there.  I understand that it's difficult to be patient but it's in your best interest at this point IMHO.

Healing from revision rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your result following surgery. The final result of a rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling goes down after the first 3 months, and the remainder will go down over time. Swelling can be influenced by thickness of the patient's skin, whether tip work was performed, and whether or not the surgery was a revision. From here, it is best to be patient and see how you heal. I would recommend communicating any post-op concerns to your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and best of luck with the remainder of your healing. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Third rhino - stop and wait one year

+1

you are upset after your third rhino.  sounds like you have good cause to be upset.  however what you need to do now is put things on hold for at least one year.  then go see a surgeon who does compex revision rhinoplasty - one familiar with using rib grafts.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon